Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Default Help Me Find My Next Boat

Axis T23? What in the world? Best wave out of the box under 100k that needs no additional mods is 2018 MB B52 23. It was developed and shaped specifically to work with GSA tabs. Included is all the ballast you will need. Plus their quick hard tanks are just awesome.

I have yet to see a Pavati wave that looks good. The boats are works of art, the wave not so much. Best out of the box over 100K is probably Ri237 or 257. Huge ballast and wave right from factory.

Max was already documented at polar bear as really needing more weight to shine. Same really goes for all boats except the B52 and the Centurions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree with dakota.
    I surfed a pavati- or tried to back in '12. wave pretty much sucked but that is- hands down- the best built, highest fit/finish and top rated materials I have ever seen in a wakeboat. the weld quality, wiring and upholstery makes the big 3 look like bayliner but it also surfs like one. but lets face it, who doesn't want a wakeboat with no gel cracks ever and beach at full throttle and not worry about it

if I was over 100k I would sure look hard at centurion first knowing that their fit/finish is not worthy of a boat of that price but the wave sure is. under 100k mb has been a contender for many years and was on my short list in '12 when shopping but dealer would not deal.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

As far as claims for tabs being used as steps? Not sure at all what you’re driving at there. There was one mentioned here, but it was a broken actuator mount that ended up being covered by warranty.

Kind of sounds like manual flow apologetics if I read between the lines a little .
    You do realize there are more forums out there than this one. I don't apologize for anything. If you can't see that that they changed Swell to better work with the newer hulls, well, not sure what to say. Trust me, if I wanted a newer boat, I'd have one.......
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default Help Me Find My Next Boat

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    You do realize there are more forums out there than this one. I don't apologize for anything. If you can't see that that they changed Swell to better work with the newer hulls, well, not sure what to say. Trust me, if I wanted a newer boat, I'd have one.......
    I am seriously trying to understand what you mean but am struggling. Not trying to insult you or make you apologize for anything. I am on the other forums a good bit as well—Tige, MB, and WW. Only because I have owned those in the past.

As I recall we were talking strictly about plate size, and I said Swell 2 works better than Swell one, and the primary difference is plate size. Which it sure appears to be. You then asserted that you love your manual flow the newer hulls are the reason for Swell working better with age. I was comparing Swell one on the SE hull vs Swell 2 on the SE hull. A direct comparison between 2015 (my buddy’s boat) and 2016 (my boat). Of course they changed it, they made the plates bigger (which is what we were talking about)? Big plate > small plate. That’s all?

I don’t know exactly what you’re getting at, but it’s all good man! Obviously there some context here I am not picking up on.

“Apologetics” is not making you apologize—it means offering up evidence to prove something is best or true. That’s what I meant—based on your past posts about manual flow on that guys LSV. It’s a forum jab. As for not wanting a newer boat vs your manual flow boat, that’s all good too? Not sure how that relates here...but man if you love it then that’s all that matters!

Last edited by dakota4ce; 12-13-2017 at 07:36 AM.

All good. I think we are just not understanding each other. Good day.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

You must be saying other forums have warranty claim on tab issues posted on them?

All good. I think we are just not understanding each other. Good day.
    Tabs are have gotten bigger because they are working better—that was the point of the original discussion. Which seems to be the case across multiple manufacturers.

No, moomba supra has warranty claims....I've seen it a couple times on the Facebook forums where people have been denied. Someone on here asked how big the plates were going to get...when you have kids or adults that haven't been around wake boats much, I could see them trying to board the boat while in the water using a trim or surf plate.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

No, moomba supra has warranty claims....I've seen it a couple times on the Facebook forums where people have been denied. Someone on here asked how big the plates were going to get...when you have kids or adults that haven't been around wake boats much, I could see them trying to board the boat while in the water using a trim or surf plate.
    I have had GSA on an MB and now a Supra. No one has ever touched my Supra plates. I think one time a kid tried to use my GSA plates, but I told them not to.

Really hasn’t been much of an issue for us in 350 hours. Certainly not a reason to shy away from tabs.

Tabs aren’t gonna get much bigger from here. They’re working incredibly as is.

I would say though—if you break a surf plate by stepping on it you should be denied. Not sure how else you could break one in that manner.