Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Who the hell surfs a boat right out of the box these days anyway !!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Who the hell surfs a boat right out of the box these days anyway !!!!
    Very true. Unless you have the new B52 or a Centurion—everyone is slamming everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree...tabs and suck gates changed the game
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Very true. Unless you have the new B52 or a Centurion—everyone is slamming everything.

Really??? Never surf a mb or and epic , centurions always have a little list to them and the ram fill is cool , but does not work all that well I e gates get stuck etc

Don’t get me wrong the 257ri is a gorgeous boat and wave

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Epic is nothing. I don’t think they are even made anymore? MBs are solid and their new 2018 B52 23 is in the top 2%—don’t skip a chance to try one. 2017 and older is still decent but not like the new one.

Heard the 18 mb is the real deal but with gsa and trailer your tipping scales over100k

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Wave Quality only -
    Under 100K:
    I was surprised to find that out of the box and MSRP 2018 MB B52 doesn't qualify for under 100k unless you are saying with only the 3K ballast, no wake plate, no MB Switch Surf, and no trailer (not that you need a trailer to surf but....) the wave is still killer then you are OK. I built one with zero extras just the adds that would affect wave quality (MB Switch, Cav plate, added ballast) and of course a trailer because the other manufactures pricing include a trailer. $106,587.00. That’s no extra colors, no heater, no stereo etc….

I think a lot of folks would agree the t23 wave a top contender. I’ve spent very little time on a MB and zero time on a B52 and quite of bit of time on a t23 so to be fair I thought I would reach out to some pro level surfers that spent this last summer with a B52. This was their response “only the ’12-’14 have a good hull. Don’t get a 15 -17 it’s awful. I heard ’18 went back to the better hull but haven’t had a chance to ride one” The t23 wave is legit. With hard tanks and PnP you are looking at about 3k in ballast and then they advertise the wedge as another 1500. 18’ has auto wedge so that adds a level of adjustability that it was lacking and it’s under 100k with a trailer. If the MB wave is really that much better than the t23 (and I’m not saying that it isn’t I don’t have enough personal experience with one) then it must me better than your current SE.

Over 100K:
    I agree that the larger Centurion Ri 237 and 257 are great waves out of the box. It’s definitely a plus that you don’t’ have to add any ballast. The problem is you are already at max potential. The rest of the folks only get better and pass the Centurions as you add weight.

I’ve talked to a bunch of top level riders that have been behind the new x-star in the last few weeks and they are saying factory wave is better than a slammed g boat. Very interested to hear more feedback this spring.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Before I comment: how does a T23 wave differ from a 2017 23LSV? I understood the 2 hulls to be basically similar.

You can PURCHASE a B52 23 for under 100 with all the options—I think mid-low 90s? To me, we are talking purchase, not MSRP. And in that case, I purchased a new 2016 SE in July for under 100K, so that technically qualifies .

The 2018 B52 wave is dead on with the SE I would suspect. Using the transitive property. But i have not had the opportunity to ride. But it trumps the F24 which I owned (by unanimous reports), which was a step beneath my SE. LOL this is kind of funny actually 🤣—wave speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    Wave Quality only -
    Under 100K:
    I was surprised to find that out of the box and MSRP 2018 MB B52 doesn't qualify for under 100k unless you are saying with only the 3K ballast, no wake plate, no MB Switch Surf, and no trailer (not that you need a trailer to surf but....) the wave is still killer then you are OK. I built one with zero extras just the adds that would affect wave quality (MB Switch, Cav plate, added ballast) and of course a trailer because the other manufactures pricing include a trailer. $106,587.00. That’s no extra colors, no heater, no stereo etc….

I think a lot of folks would agree the t23 wave a top contender. I’ve spent very little time on a MB and zero time on a B52 and quite of bit of time on a t23 so to be fair I thought I would reach out to some pro level surfers that spent this last summer with a B52. This was their response “only the ’12-’14 have a good hull. Don’t get a 15 -17 it’s awful. I heard ’18 went back to the better hull but haven’t had a chance to ride one” The t23 wave is legit. With hard tanks and PnP you are looking at about 3k in ballast and then they advertise the wedge as another 1500. 18’ has auto wedge so that adds a level of adjustability that it was lacking and it’s under 100k with a trailer. If the MB wave is really that much better than the t23 (and I’m not saying that it isn’t I don’t have enough personal experience with one) then it must me better than your current SE.

Over 100K:
    I agree that the larger Centurion Ri 237 and 257 are great waves out of the box. It’s definitely a plus that you don’t’ have to add any ballast. The problem is you are already at max potential. The rest of the folks only get better and pass the Centurions as you add weight.

I’ve talked to a bunch of top level riders that have been behind the new x-star in the last few weeks and they are saying factory wave is better than a slammed g boat. Very interested to hear more feedback this spring.
    I am not sure you can get better than a basically factory ri257 even if you doctor and slam the heck out anything....what boat comes to your mind? An SL? Slamming anything basically would get you up to the 257 level, but past it? Do tell. That thing has almost 6K ballast!

I was surprised to find that out of the box and MSRP 2018 MB B52 doesn't qualify for under 100k unless you are saying with only the 3K ballast, no wake plate, no MB Switch Surf, and no trailer (not that you need a trailer to surf but....) the wave is still killer then you are OK. I built one with zero extras just the adds that would affect wave quality (MB Switch, Cav plate, added ballast) and of course a trailer because the other manufactures pricing include a trailer. $106,587.00
    I sure hope a LOT has changed since owning an MB in 2012/2013 to reach the $100k mark. I was surprised when they hit 80's since I was low 60's when I got mine. Kind of a luxury price for not a luxury boat IMO.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)