Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I love my '15 Mojo with manual flow....The ease of the system and nothing to break down is the reason I plan to keep it for a long time. But the fact is that Swell2 works better than Swell1, some of that is plate design, other is the hull. Surfs up!!
    I don’t think the hull changed? On the SE anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually don’t think any of the hulls changed.....

[QUOTE=dakota4ce;319715]There is more to surf tabs than creating drag. They also redirect flow out from centerline and create slight list.

I can tell you that Swell 2.0 is significantly better than original Swell. And the biggest basic change was plate size.

Looking at GSA is more of the same. They’re huge.

If I personally had to guess, I would say that NSS is likely the least efficient of all of them? But don’t forget they have shaped their hull drastically to work with the mechanism of NSS.

I guess what I am saying is there are several factors at work, and increasing plate sizes are for a reason

I can see where you're coming from, and it's all just a magical science I guess since we don't have 3 boats and a bunch of metal working tools to just sit and play with!
    (One day...lmao)
    The G23 is supposed to be the baddest surf boat around I thought? That plate system they have isn't rocket science. I think Trayson built one on his old Supra...looked like it worked well.
    Maybe once my shop is complete I'll build a little tiny set and try them out.
    Let me add that to an open spot on my to do list... fml
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

My humble opinion, but I would definitely not call the G23 the baddest surf boat around. Maybe the most expensive?

There is a lot more to it these last few years. The simple stuff definitely works, and the newer more complex stuff works VERY well.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    My humble opinion, but I would definitely not call the G23 the baddest surf boat around. Maybe the most expensive?

Lol... not what I meant but I understand. I got behind a G21, it was nice. And it surfs off the showroom floor. I think that's their benefit, other than making a hole on your bank account.
    I definitely think my SA with Enzo's is a better wave, but I'm sure it wasn't like that stock. That's all I was getting at.
    I will admit, before I bought the SA, I really considered the G23, msknly cus I like LS based motors. But that price... good lord. I didn't know filling a boat full of water was ground breaking technology! Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

There are lots that surf off showroom floor now. The absolute best in this category is Centurion. Their plates are very large.

My point was simply that in my opinion, NSS is not the cream of the crop. Actually the neatest and most effective plate out there is GSA/MB Switch. There is some novel technology in those.

Amendment A:

2018 MB B52 23 might be the best stock surfer.

If Plates keep getting bigger we can use them as a step to get off boat when on the trailer. I think Supra will need to do something to make the platform bigger if plates keep getting bigger because I also don’t want to be whacking my legs on surf plates when floating around the platform.

2017 Supra SA

I would imagine they’re not getting bigger from here by much.