Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

having just sold a tige their finish/materials, although not on par with supra imo, is most definitely a step or 2 above moomba. actual build quality and fitment, since these are all hand built, you can get good and bad from any company.

if your wife didn't like the tige for the choices above, moomba will most certainly be a step backwards and you should continue to scour the interwebs for a newer sa that will fit the bill and if you spend any time in mb/supreme/sanger/nxt your wife should feel the same about them as the tige as they are all steps backwards from the supra in finish/materials chosen. now if she didn't like the tige for the actual layout or space usage, that's another story.

my vote would be keep looking for a newer sa as that will fit the wife's thumbs up and get you into a hull that will perform better. and mark the end of #newevery2
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Don’t mistake quality for simple. My Supra seats hold just as much water as my Moomba seats. Moomba stereo was easier to enhance because it was simple.

A ford xlt with leather versus a Lariat would be my analogy.

Simple not necessarily lower quality describes Moomba. And I think one still has to reconcile $30k difference.

If you trade every two. Increase your budget and get a 2016 or 2017 sa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Don’t mistake quality for simple. My Supra seats hold just as much water as my Moomba seats. Moomba stereo was easier to enhance because it was simple.

A ford xlt with leather versus a Lariat would be my analogy.

Simple not necessarily lower quality describes Moomba. And I think one still has to reconcile $30k difference.

If you trade every two. Increase your budget and get a 2016 or 2017 sa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this is an awesome example of how people on this Forum think. The helpful advice that will not just benefit me, but others looking for a new boat is beyond measure. the $65k price is really someone that has moved past the sub $30k 10+ year old boat and has really decided to step up their boating game, but cannot afford to jump into the $100k+ market. Yes I am looking for a new boat, yes I have set a budget I do not want to exceed, no I am not in a rush to go buy the first thing I see. Who else is in a similar situation and is reading this thread? #newevery2, is it worth it?

Under the seams, is a Moomba and Supra the same? Do they have the same quality control elements in place prior to leaving the factory? I have a buddy who is a QC Engineer for Honda, his team drives every single car prior to them being approved for release from the factory regardless of trim. Each car has to meet or exceed a pre-defined list.

If I buy a Brand New Max vs. buying a Brand New SE, should I expect the same under lying quality? Keep this thread going, keep ideas coming, Skiers Choice builds a fabulous product but they are not the only ones. Supreme vs. Moomba, Moomba wins. Supra vs. Tige, Supra wins. Is Moomba the best value brand boat available? Probably. Is Supra the best top level brand boat available? One of the TOP 3!
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Well I found a 2016 Moomba Mojo that's close to your budget...

2016 Moomba Mojo, 120 hours
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Well I found a 2016 Moomba Mojo that's close to your budget...

2016 Moomba Mojo, 120 hours
    Not bad, they also have a few 2017's that were rentals. I would be scared to buy a rental, thoughts?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Not bad, they also have a few 2017's that were rentals. I would be scared to buy a rental, thoughts?
    I wouldn't have a problem at all buying a rental if in good shape and decent hours. When dealing with rental fleets they have been some of the best taken care of engine wise since they should stay on top of the maintenance. Service records are key when buying anything used/rentals. Had a buddy rent one of the Jordanelle ones and he said it was one of the best boats he's been on. It's worth a look if the price is right.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

I wouldn't have a problem at all buying a rental if in good shape and decent hours. When dealing with rental fleets they have been some of the best taken care of engine wise since they should stay on top of the maintenance. Service records are key when buying anything used/rentals. Had a buddy rent one of the Jordanelle ones and he said it was one of the best boats he's been on. It's worth a look if the price is right.
    I agree with the motor comment. The for-sale rentals I've seen with "newer" boats were high hours. 2-3 year old boat with 500-600 hours. The price reflected those hours. It was a heavy discount.

Easy to see if a boat was banged against docks or the inside has rips or stains. More to factor in with price.
    2018 Supra SL400

How about a 2014 SC350 that's in the classifieds?

2014 Supra SC350 365 Hours
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

How about a 2014 SC350 that's in the classifieds?

2014 Supra SC350 365 Hours
    I looked at that one, don't know enough about the SC model. School me using my 2013 SA as a comparison.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

So I have always like the old wooden Chris Craft boats. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to take an old classic 1955 Capri and turn it into a modern Surf ready boat?

1955 capri.jpg
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold