Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

The Craz or a Mojo suggestion is a pretty good idea......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a 2016 Z3 for $68k, but the wife did not like the interior. She felt our Supra was nicer all around. From what people are saying I have a few options. SE to me is too much boat, SA I would have to wait at least another year to get into my price, Mojo and Craz are options, just not sure I want to give up the features on the Supra. I have a buddy who was able to demo the new 2018 Malibu LSV and he could not stop talking about it's surf wave, he tried to ski it and hated it, not sure on wake board wave, but that's a brand new 2018 at $120k. Is Malibu the way to go if I can find one? Supreme was mentioned, what about Centurion? MB? We spent some time in the NXT22 at last years boat show, everything about it seemed cheap, at $90k nicely equipped, I would take a Mojo Pro before the NXT. X23, have you seen those prices?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Help Me Find My Next Boat

Surf and family boat under $65k. http://boattrader.com/listing/1986-c...acht-102755823

Add nauti curl.

Last edited by russellsmojo; 11-29-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Surf and family boat under $65k. http://boattrader.com/listing/1986-c...acht-102755823

Add nauti curl.

Awesome, just needs a trailer and I can keep it at Lake Powell. I bet it surfs like no other, and could even tie a tow rope to the pilot house for wake boarding!
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

a '16 z3 at 68k must have had a ton of hours on it. cous said the 'bu surf wave was not the best they had been on but it was good enough for them. he's a slalom skier at heart and never said it was a bad wake to ski on but with any of the newer surf barges you are going to trade slalom for a better wake/surf wake.

have been in a few newer centurions and they felt very cheap for the price. imo. supreme makes a good surf boat, not sure on the wakeboard aspect. I found the helm to be laid out odd in the supremes giving the boat too much bow area. that was always wasted real estate to me. mb would be on par with moomba on the finish/features front so if your wife thinks the tige is a step backwards from the supra, betting she will feel the same way on the supreme/moomba/mb. they are all a step down in features and finishes from supra/tige/'bu/nautique.

when I sold the supra for my last boat, I think I got a good deal on it but it was more than I wanted to spend on a boat. the deciding factor was the added payment was more than worth having to "live" with a boat that was not doing what I wanted well for another season and it was a good decision to up the budget and spend the money. I didn't ever look back. might be worth the same conversation to get into the newer SA it sounds like you want. buying a boat based on a price that could be one you don't end up liking over the long haul will cost more in the long haul.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I think it's interesting that you've gotten spoiled with your step up from your Moomba LSV. Yeah your supra is nice on the inside, but I know for me, what it's like BEHIND the boat is way more important than what it's like inside the boat. I suppose that's different for others, but you're limiting yourself by saying you need as nice of an interior as Supra... because really you're looking at Supra, Malibu, Mastercraft, and Nautique for it to truly measure up. Everything else is going to be billed as 2nd tier.

I don't blame you for wanting to jump up to top tier pricing though! that's nuts for most of us.

How much do you guys really wakeboard? I can understand wanting that badass world class surf wave, because most anyone can enjoy the benefits of that surfing. But are you guys wakingboarding at the level where that world class wake is critical? I know that my XLV throws a great wakeboard wake, but other boats totally beat it like Axis, Malibu, Supra, etc. But I'm not throwing inverts and my XLV wake is certainly good enough for me. Something to think about.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I think it's interesting that you've gotten spoiled with your step up from your Moomba LSV. Yeah your supra is nice on the inside, but I know for me, what it's like BEHIND the boat is way more important than what it's like inside the boat. I suppose that's different for others, but you're limiting yourself by saying you need as nice of an interior as Supra... because really you're looking at Supra, Malibu, Mastercraft, and Nautique for it to truly measure up. Everything else is going to be billed as 2nd tier.

I don't blame you for wanting to jump up to top tier pricing though! that's nuts for most of us.

How much do you guys really wakeboard? I can understand wanting that badass world class surf wave, because most anyone can enjoy the benefits of that surfing. But are you guys wakingboarding at the level where that world class wake is critical? I know that my XLV throws a great wakeboard wake, but other boats totally beat it like Axis, Malibu, Supra, etc. But I'm not throwing inverts and my XLV wake is certainly good enough for me. Something to think about.
    He said the wife was not keen on the interior "nuff said"
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    He said the wife was not keen on the interior "nuff said"
    HAPPY WIFE ......

HAPPY LIFE!!!

2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

agreed siv..... words to live by
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Tracy it's going to be basic from what you guys are used to but I think you might need a demo on the MAX when mine comes in spring 2018.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)