Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

dark colors make no sense in hot summer climates. black topdeck would lead to lots of unhappy boaters. I would suspect that skiers is limiting options to keep costs down(keeping in mind each changeout of the gun adds both labor to the boat and materials to clean/prep).
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I agree with that one, dark colors can hurt. I have a little bit of black on my bow and it gets hot. I was playing around with the customizer and there are some good looking black and white combos. I like my green, some people say green is bad luck on a boat. Some people say red is bad luck. There are buyers for all color combos, just not sure resale on some of them.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    I agree with that one, dark colors can hurt. I have a little bit of black on my bow and it gets hot. I was playing around with the customizer and there are some good looking black and white combos. I like my green, some people say green is bad luck on a boat. Some people say red is bad luck. There are buyers for all color combos, just not sure resale on some of them.
    Bad luck, I've only heard of the bad luck by taking bananas on a fishing trip. Noting about color.
    2018 Supra SL400

personally I really like the green. boater4life has a very nice mondo in wi that I really liked the color on.
    that being said my first supra was orange and white and my last boat had pink graphics so I tend to lean toward colors that are not "the norm".

I don't think I will ever own a boat with red on it and that seems to be a very popular and "safe" color to pick.

So let me throw this out there, if I keep my SA what's the likely hood of being able to replace the Swell 1.0 plates to Swell 2.0 without making other changes? is is as simple as purchasing the 2.0 plates and bolting them in place? I have the 1,595 bag I have yet to fill and am hoping that makes a big difference is surf wave size and push and am sure if I can change plates that would make my SA a killer all around boat.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

So let me throw this out there, if I keep my SA what's the likely hood of being able to replace the Swell 1.0 plates to Swell 2.0 without making other changes? is is as simple as purchasing the 2.0 plates and bolting them in place? I have the 1,595 bag I have yet to fill and am hoping that makes a big difference is surf wave size and push and am sure if I can change plates that would make my SA a killer all around boat.
    I think it'd be worth looking into. From my understanding, the plates themselves aren't prohibitively expensive. I know that Moomba owners have went to newer plates from older ones and they bolted right up.

I would suggest you contact Wakeland, and ask them. they make the OEM systems. I've heard they aren't super responsive, so it might take some persistence to get ahold of them...

http://www.wakelandmfg.com/
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

A good session with Mountain Side Wake School also will help. Them guys are really familiar with the plate and the settings. I'm not 100% but the other SA (2013) was setup by them and it throws some rollers.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

trade it. I would bet money that no modifications will end up pleasing you knowing that there are other boats out there that will outperform that hull.
    my supra had a decent wave, but the difference when I replaced it was night and day and the replacement boat was not even among the top5 surf hulls of that year.

I'm looking for my next boat as well. I've never bought one. Anyone know what type of discount off a 2018 Moomba Mojo I should expect? MSRP $85,000. I'm in Houston, TX.

%5 ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk