Default Fusion and dual zones.

Hi all,

I’m cross posting a question in order to get the most responses possible in a short period of time. I’m getting ready to order a Mojo and I have a question regarding the Fusion stereo head unit. Does the Fusion have true dual zone ability? Or am I going to be better off with a Wet Sounds EQ in addition to the Fusion? I want to be able to fully separate the tower volume from the rest of the boat. I was told if I run amps to the tower, all main speakers, and sub, it can be difficult to separate just the tower volume. I hate to sound old but I prefer the main speakers to be quiet and only the towers playing when I am pulling someone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pock View Post
    Hi all,

I’m cross posting a question in order to get the most responses possible in a short period of time. I’m getting ready to order a Mojo and I have a question regarding the Fusion stereo head unit. Does the Fusion have true dual zone ability? Or am I going to be better off with a Wet Sounds EQ in addition to the Fusion? I want to be able to fully separate the tower volume from the rest of the boat. I was told if I run amps to the tower, all main speakers, and sub, it can be difficult to separate just the tower volume. I hate to sound old but I prefer the main speakers to be quiet and only the towers playing when I am pulling someone.

Thanks
    The factory Fusion unit has dual zone ability in volume sense only.

You can separately control volume for Zone 1 (In-Boats) & Zone 2 (Tower) or however you wanna assign the zones. That being said, it does fall short of a full blown EQ, Wet Sounds or otherwise because tone controls (Treble, Mid & Bass) are applied to both zones without the ability to differentiate.

I don't yet have a WS EQ but it is my understanding that you have a more granular controls over all sound parameters associated with each zone, not just volume.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

The Fusion MS-RA205 can give you 2 zone volume control, if setup correctly. It will require all speakers to be driven by an external amp, as well as one 2 chnl hi-level to low-level RCA converter. The RA205 only has a single set of full range outputs. Its fairly user friendly through the main volume dial. The zone control is accessible on the Fusion remotes as well, one feature most other head units do not offer.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The Fusion MS-RA205 can give you 2 zone volume control, if setup correctly. It will require all speakers to be driven by an external amp, as well as one 2 chnl hi-level to low-level RCA converter. The RA205 only has a single set of full range outputs. Its fairly user friendly through the main volume dial. The zone control is accessible on the Fusion remotes as well, one feature most other head units do not offer.
    Thank you for the explanation. I think this was what was trying to be communicated by the dealer. Thanks again!