Default subwoofer options for a Helix

I have a 17 helix and I'd like to add a subwoofer this winter as it didn't come with one stock. Looking for some recommendations like what's the best bang for the buck, what size and where should I put it? Thanks y all I live in West Michigan

if you want a solid setup that would match the existing interior speakers, the Kicker KM-10 and grill in a .8 to 1.0 ft3 sealed enclosure would serve you well. Amp choice would depend on what amp, if any, is driving the in-boats. IIRC, no woofer options meant 4 in-boats and no amp for them. if so, Id suggest the Kicker KXMA800.5 amp. If there is an powering the in-boats, id consider the KXA400.1.

If matching the factory in-boats is not a concern, then Id step up to a 12" woofer. Deeper bass and a little more output potential with no additional amp wattage needed. Maybe something like the Kicker CVR124.

Isn't there a new issue presented in the helix and max hulls in regards to sub install?

I believe the false wall under the helms no longer exist. Instead it is fiberglass.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Heres a pic of a Max. I dont see it as an issue, just requiring a unique approach like any other model. If there is no sizable access to the back side of the helm wall in order to back load an enclosure, then we would go with an IB woofer like the Wet Sounds Revo-10FA or Revo-12FA. Although the Kicker KM-10 is not a true IB, it does work and sound ok in an IB scenario.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks MLA!

Pretty sure there is very easy access to the backside as the seatback in the bow flips up.
    Boatless for now

You can cut a hole and mount a free air direct to fiberglass. You also have access to the rear and can build a enclosure if you want to. Go with a Revo sub and I would recommend a 12” woofer at least.
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450

I have and like the JL. The sound quality is better than through my USB in my headunit

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    if you want a solid setup that would match the existing interior speakers, the Kicker KM-10 and grill in a .8 to 1.0 ft3 sealed enclosure would serve you well. Amp choice would depend on what amp, if any, is driving the in-boats. IIRC, no woofer options meant 4 in-boats and no amp for them. if so, Id suggest the Kicker KXMA800.5 amp. If there is an powering the in-boats, id consider the KXA400.1.

If matching the factory in-boats is not a concern, then Id step up to a 12" woofer. Deeper bass and a little more output potential with no additional amp wattage needed. Maybe something like the Kicker CVR124.
    Don't forget we make 12-inch marine subwoofers at Kicker now, and we make TWO versions of the 12; the KMF12, a woofer for "Freeair" installations straight into furniture, or the KM12 for use in a sealed or vented enclosure. Both are available in single-2 and single-4 ohm versions.

FYI

Phil
    Kicker

I have two subs, one under each bow flip up (between driver seat and bow, and below the glove compartment). They are each in a sealed box... sounds good.