Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I was toying with the idea of disconnecting one of my existing pumps and splitting one of the other pump feeds to connect it to for a quick test without having to order new pumps. Sadly this didn't get done before the boat was stored for winter. The test wouldn't guarantee the system would work with 6 pumps but it would be a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    I was toying with the idea of disconnecting one of my existing pumps and splitting one of the other pump feeds to connect it to for a quick test without having to order new pumps. Sadly this didn't get done before the boat was stored for winter. The test wouldn't guarantee the system would work with 6 pumps but it would be a start.

I think on the feed side this is fine. They can and do share through hull fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    Following.... I did a bit of research on my 16.
    Looks like each pump needs 20 amps of fuse and uses 11.5 amps. Currently the controller pictured below is fused to 60 amps. In an ideal situation I could just bump my fuse to 120 and split each pump wiring to feed 6 total pumps, but I doubt it is that easy.
    No, you can never "just bump the fuse" to increase capacity without doing a proper analysis. Also, do you see on that fuse housing "42 Volts DC max"? This is safety margin and also allows for inrush currents (same as the pumps 20V vs. 11.5V). The Carling rocker switches are rated to 20A so definitely no option to run 2 pumps in parallel.

6 pumps is doable but it ain't gonna be cheap. Cost vs. benefit starts to fall apart real quick.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

What about putting the extra pumps on the vacant ACC switches and having a manual setup for the auxiliary pumps...

Id probably check the price and availability of the ballast PDM prior to wiring a 2nd pump to one of the output circuits as a test.

I think that it is pretty cool that Skiers Choice has gone to a 6 pump system to fill and drain faster. That being said, even running enzos or #1100s, the fill times aren't so bad that after you drop in, you begin to fill, and by the time you're ready to ride, the ballast should be full. If you are turning your boats off to fill and drain, I'm pretty sure the pumps run a bit faster if the boat is running. So for my humble opinion, rewiring a boat, adding pumps, relays, switches, isn't worth the few minutes extra you may save while out enjoying the sunshine and your friends and family.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

My new customs are gonna be 1280#. I might be 3 sheets by the time I can ride

+1 on that. My enzos are in the 14 minute range. Our cottage is in a shallow cove, so I can't start filling until I idle out 100 yards. By that point we are all settled in and ready to ride, except we have to wait 14 min for the bags to fill. We then have to do the opposite on the way in. We almost always ride morning and evening, so I'm burning an hour of sunlight daily, just filling bags. No wonder the cooler is always empty...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I think that it is pretty cool that Skiers Choice has gone to a 6 pump system to fill and drain faster. That being said, even running enzos or #1100s, the fill times aren't so bad that after you drop in, you begin to fill, and by the time you're ready to ride, the ballast should be full. If you are turning your boats off to fill and drain, I'm pretty sure the pumps run a bit faster if the boat is running. So for my humble opinion, rewiring a boat, adding pumps, relays, switches, isn't worth the few minutes extra you may save while out enjoying the sunshine and your friends and family.
    We are full with 4 k by the time we troll out from the dock and we start in about 3.5 feet of water center of our lake is about 15ft at our end then prgrosses to 125ft avg after that. Nver really thought it was an issue on 15 min wait times
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    +1 on that. My enzos are in the 14 minute range. Our cottage is in a shallow cove, so I can't start filling until I idle out 100 yards. By that point we are all settled in and ready to ride, except we have to wait 14 min for the bags to fill. We then have to do the opposite on the way in. We almost always ride morning and evening, so I'm burning an hour of sunlight daily, just filling bags. No wonder the cooler is always empty...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I'm with ya. It sounds like most people must only surf.

Personally, I have to motor 15 minutes to our ride spot. But I'm not filling surf ballast while we're motoring. Furthermore, if the water's smooth enough, we're DEFINITELY going to start with a slalom or wakeboard run with either zero or 1180 ballast respectively. So when it's time to surf, we're having to burn ride time. And like yourself, when we're riding after work in the evenings, that time is precious.

I'd love to half my fill/empty times! But I'd have to do a cost/benefit on that one. Definitely not on this boat.

I'm sure a lot of other people have normal scenarios where halving the fill/empty times doesn't make sense. I think that multi-sport users would benefit the most from quicker changeovers.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com