Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Time is all we really have, boys. Anything that saves time is worth a look.

I am thinking of some supplementary pumps on the empty acc switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Time is all we really have, boys. Anything that saves time is worth a look.

I am thinking of some supplementary pumps on the empty acc switches.

Are these mechanical rocker switches or unused digital ACC outputs on the helm control? The later are likely simple on/off, so no way to reverse pump polarity.

Mechanical. Would need the proper switch type.

Dakota, which pumps do you plan on using?

I had a feeling that extra switches would be needed. I don't really see that as a huge deal though. Flip 6 switches instead of 3. Wakemakers sells ballast timers too, so it would be just as automated as before. I'm thinking if I do go ahead with it, I may get a buddy to plasma cut me a nice new mounting faceplate so I can have all the switches in one location with my zone control. Man, this winter could be expensive...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Default Upgrade to 6 ballast pumps

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Dakota, which pumps do you plan on using?

I had a feeling that extra switches would be needed. I don't really see that as a huge deal though. Flip 6 switches instead of 3. Wakemakers sells ballast timers too, so it would be just as automated as before. I'm thinking if I do go ahead with it, I may get a buddy to plasma cut me a nice new mounting faceplate so I can have all the switches in one location with my zone control. Man, this winter could be expensive...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Haven’t gotten that far, but likely standard reversibles like Johnsons or the rebranded wakemakers.

I still don’t have a full grasp on how my SE is plumbed. There are under floor tanks and then the bags, not sure how the whole thing is set up?

Need to take a very close look unless someone on here knows?

Anybody made any progress on this? I am toying with the idea of giving it a shot on my 2015 Mojo. For the electrical side I was thinking I would see if I could just splice into the power at each existing pump and use that to trip a relay that would draw power directly from the battery switch/fuse. Maybe three of the relays below? Seems like that shouldn’t put any extra load through the stock controller but it would put it on the same circuit so that the existing switches and timers still work.

OLS 12V DC 120 Amp Split Charge Relay Switch - 4 Terminal Relays for Truck Boat Marine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1IEWCU..._Mer6Ab52D9CMR
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

[QUOTE=cpropes2005;324433]Anybody made any progress on this? I am toying with the idea of giving it a shot on my 2015 Mojo. For the electrical side I was thinking I would see if I could just splice into the power at each existing pump and use that to trip a relay that would draw power directly from the battery switch/fuse. Maybe three of the relays below? Seems like that shouldnÂ’t put any extra load through the stock controller but it would put it on the same circuit so that the existing switches and timers still work.

OLS 12V DC 120 Amp Split Charge Relay Switch - 4 Terminal Relays for Truck

Boat Marine I have a 17 Supra Se 550 and no you cant split the wires but I was going to use each pump wire to switch a relay and add another fuse box in the back until I noticed the PDM runs the pumps. The relay way will still work but now im wondering if i can just change the PDM? I will post a wiring diagram and parts needed to wire it using relays. Ill try and draw it out today if someone can post a picture of the pdm of a 6 pump system so we can see which was is easier

[QUOTE=Dogpoundfather;350390][QUOTE=cpropes2005;324433]Anybody made any progress on this? I am toying with the idea of giving it a shot on my 2015 Mojo. For the electrical side I was thinking I would see if I could just splice into the power at each existing pump and use that to trip a relay that would draw power directly from the battery switch/fuse. Maybe three of the relays below? Seems like that shouldnÂ’t put any extra load through the stock controller but it would put it on the same circuit so that the existing switches and timers still work.

OLS 12V DC 120 Amp Split Charge Relay Switch - 4 Terminal Relays for Truck

Boat Marine I have a 17 Supra Se 550 and no you cant split the wires but I was going to use each pump wire to switch a relay and add another fuse box in the back until I noticed the PDM runs the pumps. The relay way will still work but now im wondering if i can just change the PDM? I will post a wiring diagram and parts needed to wire it using relays. Ill try and draw it out today if someone can post a picture of the pdm of a 6 pump system so we can see which was is

I drew this real quick, should work....lol

Was looking at the PDM on my '19 Craz with the G3 ballast. There are a number of unused pins on the PDM. I'd be willing to bet S/C populates those extra pins with extra wiring for the G6 pumps. Although this is speculation it would make more sense to have a single PDM that works with G3/G6 than maintain 2 separate parts. I'd be great if anyone with the G6 ballast had pictures of the wiring coming out of the PDM (located behind the carpeted port transom divider wall).

If you did want to splice in a relay to the stock PDM wiring you would need to use a DPDT relay if you have a reversible pump like the jabsco ballast puppy used on late model boats.

quick schematic
    2019 Moomba Craz - Autowake, 3600lb ballast + 400# lead,OJ 945
    2015 Monterey 204FSX sold

Was curious if anyone with the 3 pump system has ever added in a “Y” fitting from the water intake to a secondary one way pump like say a tsunami? Then running another ballast hose to the other port on the bag.

This would cut your fill time in half but drain time would be the same.

Could be a lot cheaper and easier solution than wiring up the 2 way pumps. And I’m sure there’s an easier way to wire it to the same ballast switch.

Any thoughts If this could work or not?