Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I find it odd the Bimini and the tower are having issues as the post stated the Bimini was from impact. Could the dealer, marina, or owner hit a tree branch when towing? I have a scratch on my tower from a tree branch. The roads in TN make it hard for 2 boats to pass sometimes. I have a neighbor that went into his slip a little hot with his Malibu and too out a board rack and caused hell damage at the tower mount. Wish I had his money, next week ordered a larger dock.

Uhhh.........what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue I'm having is with Skiers Choice determining the cause based on photos from the dealer and denying the coverage. There was no effort on the part of SC to reach out. Maybe they just deny it and hope the problem goes away. At this point, I would not recommend a Moomba or Supra boat to any of my friends based on this. I feel bad for the dealers that sell these boats and aren't able to hold up their end of the deal with new customers. I get a lot of compliments on my boat on the water and almost always get asked where I bought it from. I never imagined that Moomba/SC would dismiss a customer so nonchalantly and leave their local dealer hanging out to dry. I still plan on writing a letter directly to SC with the hopes that they will take interest in rectifying this issue.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    To the original post, I can see how these are tricky on all accounts. A strong gust of wind breaking my Bimini I would not expect to be a warranty issue if the Bimini was working properly before that. Now if a weld broke or something like that then that’s different. Gelcoat cracks are very subjective, but the one underneath your tower sounds like it might be something you could fight for. At least at one. Maybe our others too. The small plastic clip I am not familiar with,But how much is the part? It must be expensive enough that you are willing to fight for it. It’s a tough situation, is that stuff all happen to me within a couple weeks I would be probably after them, but if it happened a year or more later, I would be less inclined to because I am using the boat. Hopefully you can find some resolution.

Hopefully most of that is understandable and I am using voice text.

this all happened within a few weeks of each other with the plastic piece on the surf tab being discovered the last day I used it. I know for a fact no one stepped on it because no one got in the water that day. We stayed in the boat and just went for a cruise with the family. That's what is bothering me about this. SC told the dealer that it was used as a step...at the end of the season. My kids are old enough to understand the first time I told them about the tabs for them not to do it a few months into owning the boat. thanks for your reply bud. I'm just super frustrated with this whole deal.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Ever pull a tube from your tower?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Show the photos.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Ever pull a tube from your tower?
    negative..
    2016 Moomba Mojo

aside from the surf tabs, am i the only one here that wouldn't expect my warranty to cover these things?

I basically said same thing, and asked what the surf tab clip actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoncyruss View Post
    aside from the surf tabs, am i the only one here that wouldn't expect my warranty to cover these things?
    nope. stress cracks are a touchy one, but the bimini is baffling to me. don't know a warranty out there that covers wind damage to a bimini.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten