Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    Exactly what 16 model Supra can you not get to surf???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t understand how a Surfwave that is not to your liking is a warranty claim? Did you demo the boat before you bought it? Is your surfing system not working properly? This one has me scratching my head a little bit. 2016 supras surf like banshees.

Default Warranty claim denied

To the original post, I can see how these are tricky on all accounts. A strong gust of wind breaking my Bimini I would not expect to be a warranty issue if the Bimini was working properly before that. Now if a weld broke or something like that then that’s different. Gelcoat cracks are very subjective, but the one underneath your tower sounds like it might be something you could fight for. At least at one. Maybe our others too. The small plastic clip I am not familiar with,But how much is the part? It must be expensive enough that you are willing to fight for it. It’s a tough situation, is that stuff all happen to me within a couple weeks I would be probably after them, but if it happened a year or more later, I would be less inclined to because I am using the boat. Hopefully you can find some resolution.

Hopefully most of that is understandable and I am using voice text.

tend to agree with Dakota.
    dealer fixed some of my gelcoat cracks but some were determined to be due to my use. I agreed with it.
    I would not expect them to fix a bimini if it was due to wind or some other issue. warranties are typically for defective parts, not parts that break through the normal course of use- as painful as that replacement part can be
    as to the 3rd piece, that seems a bit wrong that they would not warranty a part like that unless it is determined that it was used as a step at some point. kinda tough to tell on that one and would think the dealer would step up and fight for that one.

maybe Rick will chime in and help the dealer out.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The gelcoat crack is a hard one , I was told gelcoat warranty is only one year , mine is in for a crack that was there before it even hit the water , by the starboard side front cleat going under the window. Haven't heard any news in a month or better , but sometimes no news is good news
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    The gelcoat crack is a hard one , I was told gelcoat warranty is only one year , mine is in for a crack that was there before it even hit the water , by the starboard side front cleat going under the window. Haven't heard any news in a month or better , but sometimes no news is good news
    I had similar issues with cracks all around my window (both sides). It was brand new 2013 delivered this way so dealer said they'd fix them. Needless to say, the work was said to be done through the winter, but cracks were still there (some fixed most still there), next season they said they'd fix again, and low a behold, not all fixed and cracks still there. At that point they said it was beyond warranty and they couldn't get it covered any further, even though it was never fixed originally. I was told over 40 hours of work was done to fix it... Not likely... I've been complaining since then and nothing done by dealer to fix. They said it was Skiers Choice who would not cover the work, even though it was never fixed.

Work was always done at the end of season when I had boat there for the winter. Some were fixed, I'm not saying they did nothing, it's just the entire area around windshield has cracks and it was never fully fixed.

Needless to say, I have lots of gelcoat cracks that have never been properly fixed, and will likely devalue boat when I go to sell. Not sure if these cracks are common in Moomba? Not impressed...

Good luck with yours... Mine have gotten worse.. But hey, I guess you get what you pay for...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I had similar issues with cracks all around my window (both sides). It was brand new 2013 delivered this way so dealer said they'd fix them. Needless to say, the work was said to be done through the winter, but cracks were still there (some fixed most still there), next season they said they'd fix again, and low a behold, not all fixed and cracks still there. At that point they said it was beyond warranty and they couldn't get it covered any further, even though it was never fixed originally. I was told over 40 hours of work was done to fix it... Not likely... I've been complaining since then and nothing done by dealer to fix. They said it was Skiers Choice who would not cover the work, even though it was never fixed.

Work was always done at the end of season when I had boat there for the winter. Some were fixed, I'm not saying they did nothing, it's just the entire area around windshield has cracks and it was never fully fixed.

Needless to say, I have lots of gelcoat cracks that have never been properly fixed, and will likely devalue boat when I go to sell. Not sure if these cracks are common in Moomba? Not impressed...

Good luck with yours... Mine have gotten worse.. But hey, I guess you get what you pay for...
    Im hoping since there was just the one from being there since new and no more showed up after 100 hours this summer that it will be the only one. And you sure do always seem to get what you pay for , so far I'm happy with what we got , there always seems to be some sort of trade off , one way or another

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Every brand has gel cracks. It’s the nature of gel and the one million holes they drill in it

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Every brand has gel cracks. It’s the nature of gel and the one million holes they drill in it

Very true , out of three different brands of brand new boats , only 1 never had any sort of gealcoat crack, first boat had several , but they were your average 1/4 " long hair crack , not this , and it goes almost that far under the windshield too. But it will be fixed and good to go and hopefully get a lot more hours

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

That is a big one!

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    That is a big one!

It's pretty deep to , could get my thumb nail down in it a good ways. We did have a spider web crack on tach gauge , on the inside face not the glass , that got warranty fixed without issues , took about 2 weeks for the approval , but no problems there.

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds