Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Warranty claim denied

Has anyone here had issues with Skiers Choice denying their warranty claims? I just got word from my dealer that my claims were denied and that they gave some unsubstantiated reasons for them. It's disappointing that a company won't stand by their product when a customer needs them to. As you all know, we're not talking about small ticket items here. I made a big financial decision last year to purchase my new boat and this has left a very sour taste in my mouth with Moomba / Skiers Choice. I feel like this is one of those dreaded "you get what you pay for" moments.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I had an issue with a boat I bought new in 16. I was never happy with the surf wave, and got blown off by Supra. They basically said I bought the wrong boat, and to sell it and buy another. They had no interest in doing anything for me, except telling me to sell my boat and buy a different model from them.
    Left a very bad taste in my mouth as well. They could've cared less if I was happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post up what the issue is and put the collective minds to work. The dealer isn't necessarily the be all end all.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

No, never had one denied by Skiers. Post up the issue and maybe we can help you get it resolved. If it’s a legitimate claim I guarantee they will handle it. Sometimes the dealers can get in the way and you need to go direct to Skiers.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by philip.clemmons View Post
    I had an issue with a boat I bought new in 16. I was never happy with the surf wave, and got blown off by Supra. They basically said I bought the wrong boat, and to sell it and buy another. They had no interest in doing anything for me, except telling me to sell my boat and buy a different model from them.
    Left a very bad taste in my mouth as well. They could've cared less if I was happy.

Exactly what 16 model Supra can you not get to surf???

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

I submitted claims for cracks in the gel coat. I have a long crack under the starboard side rear tower post. There are also cracks on the starboard side front cleat from normal docking. My bimini top collapsed and bent from a wind gust while under way on the river. Lastly, my right rear surf tab had a plastic clip snap and is now just dangling. I was told SC decided that someone stepped on it and broke it. The bimini issue was determined to be from impact. I keep my boat at a marina 5 minutes from my Moomba dealer and they would pick up and drop it off for me for service which is the only time the boat is towed. Hopefully I can get this issue resolved in my favor. Thanks for your replies
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Post some pics

2018 Supra SL400

I don't have the boat. it's at the dealer. They took the pics and submitted the claim.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Default Warranty claim denied

Not only has SC always taken care of my warranty claims, they even offered to cover a couple items out of warranty.

Gell cracks can be tricky because a loose cleat or having tied up with not enough slack to move, or too much slack can cause issues.

I can’t speak on your Bimini because I have been out on the lake with 30+ head wind and cruising at 25 with no issues

My Bimini is not your Bimini

The rear plate I can see why they deny it but the dealer has input and influence. Maybe your dealer isn’t helping?

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    Exactly what 16 model Supra can you not get to surf???

Please let us know which model Supra - I'm sure the folks here can help you get it dialed.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo