Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Started the ballast upgrade today, took out my GI system and drilled new thru hulls and vent holes.

IMG_0349.JPG

For those of you who removed your old sprinkler setup did you worry about removing the wiring or just left it in place? Seems like a pain to cut all those zip ties and get it all out of that corrugated plastic running to the helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by crr1876 View Post
    Started the ballast upgrade today, took out my GI system and drilled new thru hulls and vent holes.

IMG_0349.JPG

For those of you who removed your old sprinkler setup did you worry about removing the wiring or just left it in place? Seems like a pain to cut all those zip ties and get it all out of that corrugated plastic running to the helm.

I just left it there, it wasn't connected to anything so there was no power going to any of it. I saw no reason to go through the effort of removing it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I left mine there as well for the first year I think. The next year I was doing some work under the dash replacing a speedo and I just decided to clean things up and take it all out. It was kind of a pain but not too bad. Just leave it for now I would say
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Did this last fall. I took the old wiring out, but I’m OCD. It’s not much of a chore when you already have the floor up and you have to rewire the switches anyway.

Won’t matter much either way. Just have to cut some zip ties and replace them when the new wires are in.

2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Thanks guys. I traced all the wiring and realized I have to cut the zip ties anyway to pull out the old 3/4” fill line and make way for 1” fill line!

So a couple questions I came across today.

I did not want to hard wire all three reversible pumps to the battery as I thought that seemed messy and already don’t like how many wires are in the port storage. So instead I bought this:

IMG_0352.JPG

I currently have this under the helm and was planning to swap them

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

Anybody see any problem with this? Not sure what all is wired on there currently, will have to figure that out. The red wire that runs from my Perko common stud to that current distribution bar has this circuit breaker in it

IMG_0350.JPG

I realize each of these reversible pumps draws 15-20 amps and I have 3 so could anyone recommend an upgrade?? Honestly the guy I spoke to at WakeMAKERS told me an in-line fuse before that blue sea distribution block was overkill and not necessary. Any advice would be appreciated.

2007 Mobius LSV

That breaker is only 50 amps so it may trip on pump startup if you kick all pumps on at the same time. Just turn each pump on separately, not all at once. I've used that fuse box before, since you already have the power terminal I'd just use it and return the fuse panel. Save yourself some work, also you may want to use breakers instead of fuses. They don't fit in that fuse box. I have these, they reset automatically.

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-CB22...2Bbreaker&th=1
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

When I did my pump upgrade years ago, I bought a new blue-sea buss dual bar under the helm - not the same one you purchased. I used it for the 3 pumps and my LEDs. Picked a good size wire gauge and used a circuit breaker.

Battery > Surface Mount Circuit Breaker (not sure of the size) > Buss Bar
    Buss Bar > Inline Fuse (30a) > Switches.

I think the pumps have a spike of 20-30a when they are first turned-on.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by crr1876 View Post
    Thanks guys. I traced all the wiring and realized I have to cut the zip ties anyway to pull out the old 3/4” fill line and make way for 1” fill line!

So a couple questions I came across today.

I did not want to hard wire all three reversible pumps to the battery as I thought that seemed messy and already don’t like how many wires are in the port storage. So instead I bought this:

IMG_0352.JPG

I currently have this under the helm and was planning to swap them

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

Anybody see any problem with this? Not sure what all is wired on there currently, will have to figure that out. The red wire that runs from my Perko common stud to that current distribution bar has this circuit breaker in it

IMG_0350.JPG

I realize each of these reversible pumps draws 15-20 amps and I have 3 so could anyone recommend an upgrade?? Honestly the guy I spoke to at WakeMAKERS told me an in-line fuse before that blue sea distribution block was overkill and not necessary. Any advice would be appreciated.

You are adding a potential of 60 amps more draw to the helm BUS circuit. Swapping from a BUS bar to that blue sea system fuse block does nothing to address this. Anyway you slice it, you are still adding up to 60A more draw.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    You are adding a potential of 60 amps more draw to the helm BUS circuit. Swapping from a BUS bar to that blue sea system fuse block does nothing to address this. Anyway you slice it, you are still adding up to 60A more draw.
    So are you suggesting I swap out the 45amp circuit breaker for a larger 100amp like this?

IMG_0358.JPG

Would I need to go with a thicker gauge wire as well? My electrical knowledge is terrible please forgive me.

2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    That breaker is only 50 amps so it may trip on pump startup if you kick all pumps on at the same time. Just turn each pump on separately, not all at once. I've used that fuse box before, since you already have the power terminal I'd just use it and return the fuse panel. Save yourself some work, also you may want to use breakers instead of fuses. They don't fit in that fuse box. I have these, they reset automatically.

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-CB22...2Bbreaker&th=1
    So do you have those in an in-line fuse like what comes with the kit? Curious how your wiring runs from the battery to your switch if you don’t mind.

2007 Mobius LSV