Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by crr1876 View Post
    All,

I plan to use the black friday deals to upgrade my 2007 LSV from G1 system (just the belly bag on aerator pump) to full reversible system. Here is my plan:

- 3 of the wake makers 720 reversible complete ballast upgrade kits
    - I plan to tie the belly bag and IBS together on same pump since belly 400 + IBS 750 ~= one 1100 rear bag so fill times should be similar?
    - plan to add a fuse block under driver helm to power all pumps.

I have a couple questions.

1.) Can I use the current through hull from G1 system (which I believe has a scupper cover) so I only have to drill 2 more in bilge?
    2.) Wakemakers said draining below the water line and using the timer modules to automatically shut off pumps after a set amount of time is preferable to draining above the water line. Thoughts?

Any other tips you guys have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chad
    Planning on the same upgrade. My mind is not made up on leaving the ski locker bag on the current pumps and having the IBS on it's own reversible pumps or piggy backing the IBS on the ski locker with a reversible pump. Option #2 would save on a bit of money and labour; I would send water to the IBS from the forward port on the ski locker bag and T it into both legs of the IBS, that would make the IBS drain completely. I would reuse the thru haul from the ski locker to vent the piggy back from the top of the IBS. I hope it wouldn't slow down the fill time too much vs option #1.

Any opinions on either plan would be appreciated.
    2006 Mobius LSV
    New to boating and surfing

Quote Originally Posted by MGX View Post
    Planning on the same upgrade. My mind is not made up on leaving the ski locker bag on the current pumps and having the IBS on it's own reversible pumps or piggy backing the IBS on the ski locker with a reversible pump. Option #2 would save on a bit of money and labour; I would send water to the IBS from the forward port on the ski locker bag and T it into both legs of the IBS, that would make the IBS drain completely. I would reuse the thru haul from the ski locker to vent the piggy back from the top of the IBS. I hope it wouldn't slow down the fill time too much vs option #1.

Any opinions on either plan would be appreciated.
    I hadn’t thought of keeping the aerator pump system functioning to fill belly bag independently. The bilge would sure feel pretty cluttered I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    1) discard the scupper, even if it means installing a new mushroom. What size is the existing thru-hull. A single thru-hull of the proper size can feed 3 pumps. A thru-hull of proper size can feed 2. This cuts down on bronze hardware and holes in the boat.

2) I do not suggest above the water draining with reversible pumps. Too much extra plumbing and its inefficient at best.
    When you say discard the scupper what do you mean? Should I pull the whole thing out and try to put a mushroom in the existing hole or just leave it in and close the ball valve?

2007 Mobius LSV

I hadn’t thought of keeping the aerator pump system functioning to fill belly bag independently. The bilge would sure feel pretty cluttered I think.

Looking at the pictures from Wakemakers for pump placement they put two on the rear of the engine compartment and the third would have to find a home somewhere or put the third reversible pump where the aerator is and move the aerator to a new location on top of a new intake. I'm starting to lean towards doing a piggy back with a reversible pump. Might add a couple of minutes but it will mean less holes in the boat and a few more bucks left in my pockets.
    2006 Mobius LSV

When you say discard the scupper what do you mean? Should I pull the whole thing out and try to put a mushroom in the existing hole or just leave it in and close the ball valve?

Just cut the scupper part off, use a dremel tool, or die grinder, no reason to remove it.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Looking at the pictures from Wakemakers for pump placement they put two on the rear of the engine compartment and the third would have to find a home somewhere or put the third reversible pump where the aerator is and move the aerator to a new location on top of a new intake. I'm starting to lean towards doing a piggy back with a reversible pump. Might add a couple of minutes but it will mean less holes in the boat and a few more bucks left in my pockets.
    Just buy 2 reversible kits and use the aerator pump to fill one of the rear bags. Use a reversable for the center bag, that way you can plumb in an ibs into the center bag. After a season of messing around with the remaining aerator pump you'll rip it out too.. Lol..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Just buy 2 reversible kits and use the aerator pump to fill one of the rear bags. Use a reversable for the center bag, that way you can plumb in an ibs into the center bag. After a season of messing around with the remaining aerator pump you'll rip it out too.. Lol..
    They sell a kit with 3 reversible pumps. Either I keep the one aerator or rip it out. Either way it's 3 reversible pumps coming up!
    2006 Mobius LSV

The scupper, like what the engine's raw water system uses, will force water in when the boat is at speed. This will likely push past the impellers, creating passive filling. dont know if you model has a one piece scoop/thru-hull or a 2 piece. Either way, the scoop needs to go.

My mind is not made up on leaving the ski locker bag on the current pumps and having the IBS on it's own reversible pumps or piggy backing the IBS on the ski locker with a reversible pump. Option #2 would save on a bit of money and labour; I would send water to the IBS from the forward port on the ski locker bag and T it into both legs of the IBS, that would make the IBS drain completely. I would reuse the thru haul from the ski locker to vent the piggy back from the top of the IBS. I hope it wouldn't slow down the fill time too much vs option #1.
    I set up the "piggy-back" option like you described (but you don't have to use the "front" port, any will do). The ski locker/IBS combo fills faster than the rear lockers on ours.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    I set up the "piggy-back" option like you described (but you don't have to use the "front" port, any will do). The ski locker/IBS combo fills faster than the rear lockers on ours.
    What are you running for pumps and hose size? Did you T into both IBS legs? How did you vent the piggy back?
    2006 Mobius LSV