Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I am interested in this as well. Any pictures of one cut down? I don't think removing it is a viable option.

I just cut mine down last week and it was pretty easy. Didn't worry about getting things too perfect. I will try and get a picture. I didn't think trying to remove it was worth the time and hassle, it's not like anyone sees it under the boat.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Sounds like I’ll just cut it as well. Good reason to buy a Dremel.

Has anyone reading this plumbed a fill/drain line to the second leg of IBS? I saw someone mention some residual water getting left and having to “lift the leg”, was thinking a y connector would be the easiest way to get this done just curious how you actually routed the hose in the boat? My guess was around the bow along the IBS bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by crr1876 View Post
    Sounds like I’ll just cut it as well. Good reason to buy a Dremel.

Has anyone reading this plumbed a fill/drain line to the second leg of IBS? I saw someone mention some residual water getting left and having to “lift the leg”, was thinking a y connector would be the easiest way to get this done just curious how you actually routed the hose in the boat? My guess was around the bow along the IBS bag.

My plan is to do this: Y off to the center bag and come up thru the floor by each IBS leg.
    2006 Mobius LSV
    New to boating and surfing

Quote Originally Posted by MGX View Post
    My plan is to do this: Y off to the center bag and come up thru the floor by each IBS leg.
    So how do you plan to route the hose for the port side leg of IBS? What I’m thinking is either come up through the hole where battery cables run in passenger compartment or come up under helm on starboard side then y and run second line around front of bow/IBS that way?

2007 Mobius LSV

So how do you plan to route the hose for the port side leg of IBS? What I’m thinking is either come up through the hole where battery cables run in passenger compartment or come up under helm on starboard side then y and run second line around front of bow/IBS that way?

The y is not needed, make sure to buy check valves, the bags will be sucked dry. There may be a tiny amount in one side or the other but not worth the hassle.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

My boat is in storage so there plan might change when I do the work in the Spring but I plan on a Y pretty close to the bag and separate lines to the IBS legs via there shortest route possible. Might have to drill holes in the floor. Right now I have lines going from the ski locker bag the l to the IBS thru the hole where there battery cables run and under under the console. One files and the other drains

2006 Mobius LSV
    New to boating and surfing

or come up under helm on starboard side then y and run second line around front of bow/IBS that way?
    That wouldn't actually do anything for you... (it wouldn't be any different than the IBS itself - if water is trapped in the port side of the IBS it would be trapped in a hose running along the same path). You'd have to go with your first option
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by JHutch View Post
    I am interested in this as well. Any pictures of one cut down? I don't think removing it is a viable option.
    here is what mine looks like after cutting it down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    That wouldn't actually do anything for you... (it wouldn't be any different than the IBS itself - if water is trapped in the port side of the IBS it would be trapped in a hose running along the same path). You'd have to go with your first option
    That makes sense now that you mention it.

Thanks for the pics of your cut down scupper I think that’s the route I’ll go as well.

2007 Mobius LSV