Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MGX View Post
    What are you running for pumps and hose size? Did you T into both IBS legs? How did you vent the piggy back?
    Johnson Ultra Ballast Pumps, 1" hose.

When I installed the IBS, I pulled the vent from the ski locker and put it on the front/center port of the IBS (it reached with no modifications). Then I added a hose from the ski locker (what was the vent port) to the IBS back leg port. It was pretty easy.

Currently, I'm just plumbed in one leg of the IBS. At the end of the day, there is a little bit of water trapped in the opposite leg but we just "lift the leg" and drain it . I think that decelerating and coming off plane pushes any leftover water forward and then at least half of that drains, I'm kinda surprised how much does drain - we probably only have a couple of gallons of water left. I've been meaning to add a T to the other side but it hasn't been enough of an issue to move it up in priority.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The scupper, like what the engine's raw water system uses, will force water in when the boat is at speed. This will likely push past the impellers, creating passive filling. dont know if you model has a one piece scoop/thru-hull or a 2 piece. Either way, the scoop needs to go.
    This is exactly what happens. Drives me crazy that I keep having to drain the one bag from time to time. Not the end of the world but it sounds like it need to replace it with a mushroom style like the others or cut it down.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post

When I installed the IBS, I pulled the vent from the ski locker and put it on the front/center port of the IBS (it reached with no modifications). Then I added a hose from the ski locker (what was the vent port) to the IBS back leg port. It was pretty easy.

Currently, I'm just plumbed in one leg of the IBS. At the end of the day, there is a little bit of water trapped in the opposite leg but we just "lift the leg" and drain it . I think that decelerating and coming off plane pushes any leftover water forward and then at least half of that drains, I'm kinda surprised how much does drain - we probably only have a couple of gallons of water left. I've been meaning to add a T to the other side but it hasn't been enough of an issue to move it up in priority.
    Do you have an independent thru Hull for each pump? Also, did you have a scupper on your old G1/G3 system and what did you do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    This is exactly what happens. Drives me crazy that I keep having to drain the one bag from time to time. Not the end of the world but it sounds like it need to replace it with a mushroom style like the others or cut it down.
    Buy one of Trayson's motorized valves. Solves this for cheap.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info!

2006 Mobius LSV
    New to boating and surfing

Quote Originally Posted by crr1876 View Post
    Do you have an independent thru Hull for each pump? Also, did you have a scupper on your old G1/G3 system and what did you do with it?
    Yes, I reused the scupper through hull for one of the pumps (actually the center/IBS pump). It did force fill a bit, until I ground off the scupper part with an angle grinder. It's easy to remove since it's soft bronze. Even the force filling wasn't too bad, just a minor annoyance.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

So I replaced my old system with the upgraded wakemakers reversible pumps on my 07 LSV. It really isn't a tough job, just take a little time is all. I reused the original through hull for one bag and then drilled 2 new ones for the other two pumps. I ran one pump to the bag in the floor of the boat (ski locker) and then ran another hose from that bag (the vent line) up to the IBS bag in the bow to fill it. Then I ran a vent line from the IBS out the side of the bag where the old vent was. Hopefully that makes sense. I mounted all 3 pumps in the engine compartment which was pretty easy. I can take pictures if you want to see where they are. The electrical switches are pretty easy to connect as well. I love the system and think it's a great upgrade.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Yes, I reused the scupper through hull for one of the pumps (actually the center/IBS pump). It did force fill a bit, until I ground off the scupper part with an angle grinder. It's easy to remove since it's soft bronze. Even the force filling wasn't too bad, just a minor annoyance.
    Sound easy enough, maybe a dremel is on my Xmas list now hah!

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    So I replaced my old system with the upgraded wakemakers reversible pumps on my 07 LSV. It really isn't a tough job, just take a little time is all. I reused the original through hull for one bag and then drilled 2 new ones for the other two pumps. I ran one pump to the bag in the floor of the boat (ski locker) and then ran another hose from that bag (the vent line) up to the IBS bag in the bow to fill it. Then I ran a vent line from the IBS out the side of the bag where the old vent was. Hopefully that makes sense. I mounted all 3 pumps in the engine compartment which was pretty easy. I can take pictures if you want to see where they are. The electrical switches are pretty easy to connect as well. I love the system and think it's a great upgrade.
    I sure would be interested in seeing how you mounted those pumps if the boat is accessible and it isn’t too much trouble!

Thank you to everyone for all your advice and input! Like I’ve seen said many times before, this forum makes me proud to have a Moomba!

2007 Mobius LSV

IMG_0297.JPG

Here is a pic of my scupper thru Hull. I’m trying to decide if I should try and cut off the “scupper” part or try and remove it and replace with a mushroom style?

Has anyone successfully removed and replaced one? It seems like the gel coat has a lip on it inside the scupper cover from my photos.

2007 Mobius LSV

Yep... Just use a dremel or cutting wheel and cut the "hump" part off at the base there, you'll leave the ring part with the screws untouched. It's brass and cuts easily. You just want to make it flat, doesn't need to be perfect, I round the edge of my cut so it's not sharp just incase. It doesn't need to be totally flat, you can have a lip left if you can't get that close.. 😀
    Last edited by parrothd; 12-13-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead