Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default GI to reversible pump ballast upgrade

All,

I plan to use the black friday deals to upgrade my 2007 LSV from G1 system (just the belly bag on aerator pump) to full reversible system. Here is my plan:

- 3 of the wake makers 720 reversible complete ballast upgrade kits
    - I plan to tie the belly bag and IBS together on same pump since belly 400 + IBS 750 ~= one 1100 rear bag so fill times should be similar?
    - plan to add a fuse block under driver helm to power all pumps.

I have a couple questions.

1.) Can I use the current through hull from G1 system (which I believe has a scupper cover) so I only have to drill 2 more in bilge?
    2.) Wakemakers said draining below the water line and using the timer modules to automatically shut off pumps after a set amount of time is preferable to draining above the water line. Thoughts?

Any other tips you guys have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chad
    2007 Mobius LSV

1) discard the scupper, even if it means installing a new mushroom. What size is the existing thru-hull. A single thru-hull of the proper size can feed 3 pumps. A thru-hull of proper size can feed 2. This cuts down on bronze hardware and holes in the boat.

2) I do not suggest above the water draining with reversible pumps. Too much extra plumbing and its inefficient at best.

Can pumps also share lines into the bag or does it not work that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota,

Can you elaborate on your example so I make sure I understand before answering? Thanks,

So what do you do, just split the line coming from the mushroom into two lines feeding two different reversible pumps and then each of them has their own dedicated line going all the way to the bag or can you bring them back together?

In a sense, yes, you can build a common manifold that can support 2 or more pump off a single thru-hull. The manifold branches off to each sac's pump, then out from each pump to each sac. So past the common manifold, each sac is completely independent of any others, with its own plumbing and electrical. Layout of the bilge and bilge depth will usually play a factor in if we can do a common manifold or do we need to do all individual thru-hulls or maybe a single and a double.

Pumps do not starve, no issue running 2 or more pumps are a time filling or draining. No issue running one filling and one draining.

So with an existing thru-hull, a common manifold is worth considering, depending on its size and placement.

My factory 2016 Supra SE factory system needs double the pumps. That’s why I ask how it could be rigged. But I am not really too fired up for a large project. It works fine as it, just is pokey.

SORRY FOR THE QUICK HIJACK!

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    My factory 2016 Supra SE factory system needs double the pumps. That’s why I ask how it could be rigged. But I am not really too fired up for a large project. It works fine as it, just is pokey.

We've done similar on other brands, where we've added an extra pump for each sac, when we've upgraded to larger sacs. Basically doubles the flow rate. As long as there is an unused port on the sac thats in the appropriate spot. Best to give the 2nd pump its own sac fitting to fill/drain from.

Great to know. I may do this while I have it in garage. I will scout for locations for pumps. It has subfloor hard tank too that fills. Will have to check out the plumbing setup to see where I could add.