Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jacksonville Florida

Anybody from the Jacksonville Florida area know of a cool beach to hit up and maybe fun hang / party spot to hit on a Saturday night. Will be driving in tomorrow and should have some extra time to kill.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I have really only hung out at the Landing. I love the Irish Pub there and it has good food. One great tip is to, if you are staying at the Hyatt or Omni or really anywhere down there, take the water taxi around. We like to go to Ruth's Chris when they open at 4 and sit in the bar, grab the best cheeseburger you ever had in your life and watch games. Cheap way to eat well. Sorry I don't know the beaches. There is also River City Brewing walkable from the Hilton if that's your thing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sweet thanks , almost done with the 2700 mile nonstop drive, with the the snow and cold weather back home excited to have a day in some warmer weather and get back in some water.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Come down to the Fort Myers/Naples area! Way nicer beaches (Fort Myers Beach, Delnore Wiggins State Park, Lovers Key, Vanderbilt Beach etc). The weather here on the Gulf side is better and if you love to golf we have per capital the most coarses in America. Things are back to normal since the hurricane. Yes it’s more driving to get here from Jacksonvillle (5 hours) but it’s certainly worth it. And lots to see and do along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon2007 View Post
    Come down to the Fort Myers/Naples area! Way nicer beaches (Fort Myers Beach, Delnore Wiggins State Park, Lovers Key, Vanderbilt Beach etc). The weather here on the Gulf side is better and if you love to golf we have per capital the most coarses in America. Things are back to normal since the hurricane. Yes it’s more driving to get here from Jacksonvillle (5 hours) but it’s certainly worth it. And lots to see and do along the way.
    We just got the truck dropped off to get it put on a plane, had a couple hours yesterday checking out Jacksonville, now we are heading south , not sure how far gonna go yet,only have today and tomorrow morning , thanks for the input , pretty cool sate so far , might just go to Dayton beach since we're flying out of Orlando tomorrow, will see , you have any Gators in your back yard , my driving buddy wants to catch one.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    any Gators in your back yard , my driving buddy wants to catch one.
    Good way to end up in jail.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That's what I here , just wanted to catch one and let it go , we did get to drive a fan boat and see some , so close enough, love catching snakes and what not but sounded like trying to catch a gator was a big deal

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Do want to go hunt some , forgot to ask if you could draw tags from out of state or not, didn't seem like they give out very many tags , thanks for the suggestions guys , was able to make the most out of short amount of time

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Gator tags are very hard to get (as are some others) b/c there are tree hugger groups that put in for them even though they have no intention of using them. This state has had endangered alligators for years and now they are in the Disney lakes and our swimming pools. I say, "BAM!"
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Gator tags are very hard to get (as are some others) b/c there are tree hugger groups that put in for them even though they have no intention of using them. This state has had endangered alligators for years and now they are in the Disney lakes and our swimming pools. I say, "BAM!"
    That's what we were had heard, was pretty surprised, we got off the main roads and saw two just hanging out by someones house , didn't even make it all the way south. But very cool State, would love to come back and actually vacation

2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds