Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Never could make the suck gate work very well on the Mojo. Hull lines just were not right to get it at the proper level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

OP has a 2008 LSV.

Not knocking your original flow. Just trying to help the OP.

Don't waste your money on the flow for the LSV. I've heard they work great with the newer mojo mondo craz hulls.... but it sucks with the LSV. Previous owner of my lsv had it installed. I can hardly tell a difference with it deployed. Only way I know it's out is the odd rooster tail from that side... does nothing to the wave on surf side.

What does work wonders is one of the suckgate type devices... I made one for cheap and it works great or any of the ones you can buy.

Here you can see the manual flow on my lsv....

And here is my suck gate

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Yes that’s surely believable, but in the face of the modern suckgate it makes little sense to bolt something like that the boat.

Indeed

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by mikepo26 View Post
    I have an 08 lsv looking into Moomba flow system orig manual plates. anyone have info, personal experience, and or for sale ?
    I added manual flow 4 years ago. Never use it. Suck gate wave is much better and easier to adjust. Wished I had waited a year and saved the $$$

2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    I had fantastic results from the original Flow device on my 12 Mojo. Of course I ran 5K plus weight in the boat but the wave was fantastic.

I’ve had great results with the original flow as well. I run approx. the same amount of weight ~5000lbs.

Dakota4ce - To say it’s a miscarriage makes about zero sense. All of the systems are bolted to the transom. This is just manual vs. automated. Would a automated system be better based on convenience? Sure! But from a performance standpoint you are using a device that works on the same principles as the suck gates that you are suggesting and you don’t have to worry about attaching it every time, finding the correct location, falling off, etc. Takes 10 seconds to set up, if that.

Now would I suggest ordering it on a new boat (if it was an option) vs an automated system - that answer is no.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

I don’t think you’re tracking here my friend. The original post was suggesting to put manual flow plates on his boat. My statement would be taken in the context of spending more money to bolt original manual flow plates to your boat doesn’t make any sense when there are a plethora of $200 suck gate options.

Default orig moomba flow system?

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    I’ve had great results with the original flow as well. I run approx. the same amount of weight ~5000lbs.

Dakota4ce - To say it’s a miscarriage makes about zero sense. All of the systems are bolted to the transom. This is just manual vs. automated. Would a automated system be better based on convenience? Sure! But from a performance standpoint you are using a device that works on the same principles as the suck gates that you are suggesting and you don’t have to worry about attaching it every time, finding the correct location, falling off, etc. Takes 10 seconds to set up, if that.

Now would I suggest ordering it on a new boat (if it was an option) vs an automated system - that answer is no.
    Oops—see above. Further clarification is that I would not suggest a suck gate is better than an automated flow system. And if you are having that much trouble with your suck gate, then there must be something wrong. Once you find the correct spot and have a good product, they don’t fall off and work wonderfully. Again the original post is about manual flow, so you do have to get on your hands and knees reach down in the water and deploy the plate anyway. Buying this in 2017 and bolting it to your boat versus buying a good suck gate does not make sense.

The key to success: the 5000# you mention.

But hey, if a guy wants to buy some 2013 manual flow plates for more money than a suck gate and screw them to his boat, have at it. For me it is a silly move.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 11-21-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post

As I mentioned above also .... I think the manual flow has had good results with the mojo, craz, and mondo hulls. These are what the manual flow was originally designed for. The OP has an LSV. The manual flow for the LSV didn't come out till a little later and seems to be kind of an after thought. Most people that I see with LSVs are not happy with the manual flow system.

Therefore, I think the general consensus on this forum has been:

Mojo, Craz, Mondo= manual flow works well and worth doing

LSV= manual flow waste of money
    Last edited by Tylerrnemt; 11-21-2017 at 07:12 PM.

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I don’t think you’re tracking here my friend. The original post was suggesting to put manual flow plates on his boat. My statement would be taken in the context of spending more money to bolt original manual flow plates to your boat doesn’t make any sense when there are a plethora of $200 suck gate options.

I’m aware that the OP was in regard to the ‘08 LSV - to that I say there isn’t a manual flow option out there that will work for you.

To your blanket statement about bolting something on a boat in ‘17 you are completely off the mark. If my ‘13 mojo didn’t have manual flow and my options were a factory system installed by a dealer for $1000-$1500 or $200 suck gate or $5000 automated system I’m going to go with the manual flow all day. Nothing like trying suction cupping something to a 70k boat when there are better cleaner options.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo