Default '17 Supra SA subwoofer install options...

Well, winter (Texas winter) and my busy flying season are here and looks like the new boat is done for the season. Got out on it twice.
    Loving the JL stereo, so crisp and clean, even the towers.
    However, the low end needs major help. I want to get my 2 10W6's in this thing ASAP. Lol
    Anyone with an SA got any good insight? I'm on the road, but as soon as I get home I'm pulling the factory sub and the wall it's mounted to, so I can see what I've got to work with.
    I really don't want to build anything in the dog house with the lack of storage this boat already has.

Thanks guys!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Default '17 Supra SA subwoofer install options...

Have you tuned the factory amps? Makes a hell a difference on cabin and tower.

You can fit 2 10’s under helm for sure. Box would need to be customer made to fit contours.

I also wonder about one in doghouse with a vent like nautique is using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Oh yea... I tuned it the night I got it. Lol made a huge difference. Also found out one of my tower speakers doesn't work. It's headed in soon for a couple warranty repairs anyway.
    The stock sub sounds like it's got massive air leaks all around it. I'm pretty sure it's a free air sub, can find one similar to it on JL's site. It's just odd sounding. Like the output doesn't match what's needed for the music. And it definitely won't go low enough!
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

It’s a free air sub in a box.

I am sure you did this but check wiring on the tower. I had a loose one and also one that was set to low pass. Easy fixes.

2017 Supra SA

Actually I haven't... lol but I'd bet you're right. Probly just a loose connection in the tower.
    But I've never owned anything with a warranty that has lasted more than 24 hours, so I'm gonna use it. Lol
    I have some stitching on the dash pulling out that we didn't catch in the delivery.
    Gonna drop the boat and let them do some other stuff they owe me too.
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Supra does use the JL mx10IB because its offered with a blue LED, yet they place it in a small enclosure. This will certainly effect its performance compared to it running it true IB or the M10 in an enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Supra does use the JL mx10IB because its offered with a blue LED, yet they place it in a small enclosure. This will certainly effect its performance compared to it running it true IB or the M10 in an enclosure.
    ^ way more eloquent answer

2017 Supra SA

Agreed... guess it's time to break out the tools, if I ever get home fromNew York
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400