Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does the forum have a virus?

What are all the threads with links to random stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Just random people trying to be cool I guess. Best solution I have found is you click on the member name and on the left click "Add to Ignore List".
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Over the years this would happen and then it would go away for awhile. I think there were changes to the forum program as every category at one time was being trashed to the point the forum was becoming useless.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Looks like some BOT got a handful of random fake users to sign up and post useless spam.

The moderators should find these threads, and delete them and the users that started them.

Basically we need some moderator cleanup.

Mandley?

Kane?

Deerfield?

Berg?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Looks like some BOT got a handful of random fake users to sign up and post useless spam.

The moderators should find these threads, and delete them and the users that started them.

Basically we need some moderator cleanup.

Mandley?

Kane?

Deerfield?

Berg?
    We regularly delete these threads. Sometimes hundreds in a week. Of course we don't have a regular weekly schedule as we are volunteers. So, saying what we "should" do is kind of obnoxious.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    We regularly delete these threads. Sometimes hundreds in a week. Of course we don't have a regular weekly schedule as we are volunteers. So, saying what we "should" do is kind of obnoxious.
    I think you might be reading WAY more into my comment than was intended. I wasn't saying that you should do something like I'm your Dad or I'm your boss or I'm your naggy wife. I wasn't trying to put a chip on your shoulder about moderators being the whipping boys of the forum.

I was communicating to the others that it would be reasonable to expect that whenever the moderators find these threads, that they'll go ahead and take care of them.

"the moderators should end up finding these threads..."

"the moderators will likely end up finding these threads"

"once our badass moderators find these threads"

"at some point, our overworked underappreciated moderators will find these threads"

"please buy your moderators a beer as thanks in advance for the cleanup they'll do for us when they find these threads"

Kane, I appreciate what ya'all do. No where in my post did I intend to imply any urgency or deadline. I mentioned your names because you guys would be the ones that would chime in (as you did) and confirm my assertion of a solution.

Cheers! And thanks again (sincerely) for what you do.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Need to send first entry posts to an approval query before they get on the forum. It will slow down legit new members a little but it gets the spammers before they can get on the forum.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Sometimes the automatic filters catch them, sometimes they don't. Thanks for your patience.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Sure is frustrating. Thanks for all the work guys. Too bad we couldn't all send stuff back the other way as a forum. Or kick their ass!
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

Is there a way to flag posts so the moderators see them?