Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Supra SA Reviews?

As the title says I’m looking at a 2013 SA550 with 100 hrs and swell surf system. It’s listed at 66k usd.

I’m basically looking for a surf monster that I can slam and create some rockin waves. So how does the SA compare to some of the new models? I believe they did a hull change in 2016, how drastic was that. Worth the upgrade? I’m coming from owning a tige r20 and a buddies slammed Z3.

Any other boats I should look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SurferCole View Post
    As the title says I’m looking at a 2013 SA550 with 100 hrs and swell surf system. It’s listed at 66k usd.

I’m basically looking for a surf monster that I can slam and create some rockin waves. So how does the SA compare to some of the new models? I believe they did a hull change in 2016, how drastic was that. Worth the upgrade? I’m coming from owning a tige r20 and a buddies slammed Z3.

Any other boats I should look for?

This hull is very good for wakeboarding. To get a decent surf wave you will have to slam it upwords to 2,000lbs surf side. I'll find a picture of my '13 with an aftermarket Wakeland surf system installed. 66k is a killer deal though.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

1,000lbs plumbed in, 3 more bags, 400, 440 and 350, 2 people in boat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

What’s the wakeland surf system? Similar to swell?
    I would really like to keep ballast subfloor. I’m coming from a Z3 with a beautiful wave so don’t want anything worse.

the 2013 SA did not come with a surf system from Skiers Choice, the Wakeland system on mine is from Wakeland manufacturing and is very similar to the Supra Swell system. The system on the boat you are looking at is an after market system as well, might be Wakeland but could be something else.

I just recently purchased a surf side ballast bag from Wakemakers, they say it's 1,595 pounds. I have not had any water in it yet unfortunately. but it will fill the rear locker and come up under the seats.

What year is your Z3? I would guess the Z3 and 2013 - 2015 SA would not be comparable in surf wave. My guess is the Z3 will be better.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    the 2013 SA did not come with a surf system from Skiers Choice, the Wakeland system on mine is from Wakeland manufacturing and is very similar to the Supra Swell system. The system on the boat you are looking at is an after market system as well, might be Wakeland but could be something else.

I just recently purchased a surf side ballast bag from Wakemakers, they say it's 1,595 pounds. I have not had any water in it yet unfortunately. but it will fill the rear locker and come up under the seats.

What year is your Z3? I would guess the Z3 and 2013 - 2015 SA would not be comparable in surf wave. My guess is the Z3 will be better.
    The dealer says it’s the swell system and it looks like it too.

It’s a friends 2012 Z3 slammed with a ton of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferCole View Post
    The dealer says it’s the swell system and it looks like it too.

It’s a friends 2012 Z3 slammed with a ton of weight.

If the controls for the surf system are through the Supra Vision screen, then maybe it is a one off late model 13 with Swell. If the controls are not tied into the touch screen then it's after market. My controls are on a separate module located on the dash and the Vision Screen has zero interface for it.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

Default Supra SA Reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    If the controls for the surf system are through the Supra Vision screen, then maybe it is a one off late model 13 with Swell. If the controls are not tied into the touch screen then it's after market. My controls are on a separate module located on the dash and the Vision Screen has zero interface for it.
    It’s off the touch screen.

Anymore wave pics?

You are correct, the SA changed hulls drastically in 2016.

16+ SA is the "modern era" of big deep boats.
    13-15 SA is a low slung boat and will be quite a bit different.

I think the 13-15 SA is one of the best looking boats on the water but I wouldn't be shopping it for a surf boat. 66k seems like a solid price but it has been a while since I priced them. It needs to be low, though, because resale will be tougher in the smaller freeboard boats, imo.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    You are correct, the SA changed hulls drastically in 2016.

16+ SA is the "modern era" of big deep boats.
    13-15 SA is a low slung boat and will be quite a bit different.

I think the 13-15 SA is one of the best looking boats on the water but I wouldn't be shopping it for a surf boat. 66k seems like a solid price but it has been a while since I priced them. It needs to be low, though, because resale will be tougher in the smaller freeboard boats, imo.
    I’m not too familiar to the Supra lineup. Are we talking like Tige Z3 to rzx or Nautique 230 to g23?