Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    How so? What makes the PPI amp any different than another bridged 2 channel?
    I think he's talking about regular amps vs the few that can sum mono...

It was talked about a little in another thread. I sort of understand it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    An amp like the JL 750/1 is truly a mono amp, so question there. An like the Wet Sounds SD-2 and Syn-2/Syn-DX2 are, are their core, 2 chnl stereo amp, same as the Arc KS600.2 and KS300.2. But even then, I still run them in mono for a tower setup. The Syn-4/DX4, SD-4 and SD-6 can be setup to run a pair of tower speakers in stereo, but again, I prefer to run them mono. Not many The SD-6 will also allow for bridged mono or stereo. Not many amps out there that will let you do with a pair of tower setups like these high end amp. Theres WAY more to it than just wattage.

At best, an amp like the PPi900.4, polk 4000.4, exile xm15.4 and xm30.2, Wet Sounds HT4, kicker KXM400.4 and KXM400.2 will let you run stereo, and thats if you bridge and configure the RCAs properly on the 4 chnls.

Theres nothing wrong with stereo on a tower setup, but as been noted, when off axis, like surfing, you are getting most of your music from that one speaker thats closest to you. In a stereo setup, you are missing some content. Mono lets you get it all. A high end that runs mono properly, can make a tower setup just that much better sounding.
    And actually he explained it to me even better in a PM. I followed his advice and used RCAs slitters to feed the signal to my amps.

. Quote Originally Posted by MLA
    Heres the issue with a stereo amp like the ppi and a speaker setup like the rev-410. The rev-410 is a full range mono pod and needs a summed-mono signal. This is where the amp combines the left and right signal on the input side, and sends a mono signal to the pod. A simple 2 chnl stereo like the PPi and most others, cant sum the signal. This means the left and right chnls are meeting at the voice coils. This doesnt sound good at all.

This is ok on a sub-woofer as we arnt going to hear this clash of chnls at woofers voice coil, we you can with a full-range speaker. This is where a higher end amp like the wet sound Syn and SD series are so valuable, also amps like the Arc KS series. They allow for that full-range summed mono signal

Now, there is one way to configure the RCAs with your dual amp setup that will be decent, but still not as clean as something like the Syn-4/Syn-DX-4, SD-4, Arc KS-300.4 or JL MHD750/1. Split the RCA and plug both rights into the left and right of one 600.2 and take the left two and plug them into the left and right of the 2nd 600.2.

This allows the amp to make full power since both chnls are fed, but each pod is receiving either a left or a right, rather than each pod receiving a left and a right that mix at the voice coil.
    Last edited by trayson; 11-09-2017 at 01:09 AM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Attachment 26446

2017 Mojo
    Javelin is powering 12" Exile sub and (6) 6.5's, WS is powering a pair of Rev10's.
    Blasphemy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

[QUOTE=muehlcj;318396]
    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

That's what it looks like when you let a CPA do what a engineer should be doing....
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Question. Could I use the 900.4 bridged at 2ohms 225x2 to run two sets of tower speakers? I've got a set of 7.7 krypts already and have a second set of matching 6.5 pods off the old boat. Can I run two different size speakers off this amp

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Question. Could I use the 900.4 bridged at 2ohms 225x2 to run two sets of tower speakers?
    No, you cannot run a bridged 2 ohm load on this amp. However, you can run a pair in series bridged 8 ohm, but the wattage to each is the same as 4 chnl 4 ohm stereo. So no wattage advantage, only a simpler wiring advantage in some cases.

Can I run two different size speakers off this amp
    Sure! one size and one half of the amp, other size on the 2nd half of the amp.

A few pictures from my build. The bottom of the rack now has a fascia on it.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....le-Stereo-V3-0

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I don’t have a picture of ours on my phone, I’ll have to snag one next time I’m around the boat and throw it up here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

It's nothing special but I added a sub amp to the already installed wet sounds and kicker amp that came with the boat. I moved the batteries around to free up some room, added some led lights for night time operations, changed out head units so I could add XM and one that had a sub channel. I fiberglassed a box to fit on top of the foot board under the drivers console. I'm a big boy so leg room is very important. It's not pretty but you can't see it anyway. In the end I was very happy with the sound improvement and added base.
    IMG_8606.jpgIMG_8609.jpgIMG_8617.jpgIMG_0118.jpgIMG_0119.jpg
    Last edited by SoutharkLSV; 12-30-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Nicely done! Love the blue!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Here's the view of the sub. Hard to tell it's even there. Was a very tight fit.IMG_8584.jpg