Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Also check out "Flexible non-metallic electrical conduit" I think most major hardware stores carry it. It's advertised as liquid tight typically and looks very similar to the spa hose and my factory ballast hose.

Last edited by Tylerrnemt; 11-02-2017 at 10:33 PM.

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

The clear vinyl hose with the braided reinforcement works great for us. It's true that it's not going to withstand negative pressure/vacuum but I don't see that being a concern. If you use an open vent (no check valve) you won't get a vacuum so it's a non-issue. Even if you do use check valves, the bags are much, much more flexible and will flatten first. This stuff is pretty stiff and would probably hold up anyways but even if it did get sucked down, it would bounce right back when the pump is turned off. Pros: cheap and readily available.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Cons: everything stated that wont happen, does and will. Based on experience. Built me first ballast system using it, nearly 12 years ago, hose failed the first season and that was using aerator pumps. A self priming impeller ballast pump is always drawing a vacuum on the inlet side, and has a positive pressure on the outlet. Any turns or bends with that hose, has to be an extremely long radius, or the hose will kink/collapse. And no, it will not bounce right back. A good hot summer day and that kink will stay for good.

Not being argumentative based on opinion or theory, but sharing experience. Thats all.

The PVC-FLEXPIPE hose sold at irrigation supply shops is the same hose that the SC factory stocks.....at least it was the same hose used in my 2009
    Last edited by Ed_Geary; 11-08-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)