Default Extra weight in SL

Coming from a G23 to an SL. I have 500lbs of lead weight that was used in the G to offset prop rotation (which is pretty pronounced in that boat), and to make the wave that much better. How are people, who already have an SL, weighting their boats? Anyone adding more than 500lbs? I won't get my boat until spring 2018 as its about to snow here. Thanks in advance!

Not sure on the SL. However on the SE which should be similar I use 700lbs of lead distributed evenly in the rear under the bags. You should have plenty of room in the SL with all sub floor ballasts. Try 250lbs on each side. I’m just guessing but I would bet you will need the lead. These big boats just need a ton of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

I would try throwing about 200-300 lbs in your rear surf locker, that makes a big difference since it's so far back on the transom. Then evenly spread the rest. You will not have to off-set prop rotation much in the SL with Autowake active (just pick a pre-set and it will take over), it will set it all up for you and the 3.0 Swell system allows you to run pretty much completely evenly weighted for either goofy or regular.

Thanks for the replies. The G was sure a lot more finicky, and I'm really looking forward to auto wake! I am just wondering if I should get more than the 500 of lead that I already have. More is generally better, but at some point there are diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by euro2012 View Post
    Coming from a G23 to an SL. I have 500lbs of lead weight that was used in the G to offset prop rotation (which is pretty pronounced in that boat), and to make the wave that much better. How are people, who already have an SL, weighting their boats? Anyone adding more than 500lbs? I won't get my boat until spring 2018 as its about to snow here. Thanks in advance!
    In the G23 did you put lead evenly or on one side? Friend has G23 and would love to give him the suggestion. Assume this was for wake boarding more than surfing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

In the G I put 4 in the port observers seat locker, 1 on either side as far back as possible in rear lockers, and the rest (4) evenly under the seats in the nose (as far forward as possible). 10 bags total. Mostly this is to offset prop when wake boarding, correct. It also helps with a slight list to port since we surf regular, although the goofy wave did not suffer at all. I found that adding a bit more of the total weight to the nose lengthened the wave more. The G wave stock is already quite steep, so I was looking more towards a skim wave that was longer.

The SL can take a lot of weight. Wake 9 is going to be coming out with a review of the boat soon, check that out when it drops.

Is that from their polar bear event? From their video on facebook it looks like it was his own SE there, and not an SL? Would love to see their take on an SL though.

They demo'd the SL a few weeks ago, prior to Polar Bear.