Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2016 Craz Winterization part 6. I give up!!

Sorry Folks! I have been working on this for an hour and none of my pictures show up? I have posted on several other sites so I understand how to do this. I'm not sure why this forum is soo difficult? I limited to 4 pics as instructed and copied the links from my Google photos. What gives???

Quote Originally Posted by DRHRSH View Post
    Sorry Folks! I have been working on this for an hour and none of my pictures show up? I have posted on several other sites so I understand how to do this. I'm not sure why this forum is soo difficult? I limited to 4 pics as instructed and copied the links from my Google photos. What gives???
    You should be posting all of this as multiple posts within the same thread. Posting 6 separate threads makes it difficult to follow. Hopefully one of the admin can clean it up for you in the morning. Great contribution to the forum though!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    You should be posting all of this as multiple posts within the same thread. Posting 6 separate threads makes it difficult to follow. Hopefully one of the admin can clean it up for you in the morning. Great contribution to the forum though!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I guess I don’t know how to do that? I still am not seeing the pictures??

I've had a bitch of a time getting google photos to cooperate for hosting images. It was SO much easier with picasa to direct link images. Obviously PB screwed everyone. I've been doing well with IMGUR, but the only downside is not really being able to easily group things in albums.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Also, don't post a new thread for each part. Simply reply to your own thread with 4 more pics in a separate reply. you'll need 30 seconds to elapse before you post the next reply.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Also, don't post a new thread for each part. Simply reply to your own thread with 4 more pics in a separate reply. you'll need 30 seconds to elapse before you post the next reply.
    Hey Trayson, I appreciate your positive suggestions. I was trying to use goggle photos. I also tried to reply to my own post and when I added three photos, it said I had posted too many, so I gave up. It would have been a helpful post for others. Now I have been PMed by DOCDRS, who may be the site administrator. He ripped me a new one because I didn’t state this procedure was for a closed system. I told him I CLEARLY STATED that it was for a 2016 Craz! Not a very friendly dude. He said he is “tired of misinformation that leads to cracked blocks”. HOW IS STATING “2016 Winterization Procedure” misinformation’s????? He threatened to pull down my thread because I didn’t state it was for a closed system. I am a member of several automotive forums and have always been able to post with pics and have had nice responses to my efforts. I guess I need to say goodbye to this forum.
    Last edited by DRHRSH; 11-02-2017 at 06:19 PM.

one of the admins, yes. not the only one.

This is honestly one of the best forums out there. combining passion for engine powered enthusiasts, with a passion for watersports, and friends/family/fun. it's something not a lot of auto forums can offer. And it's one of the best boat forums around. hope you stick around and get it all figured out.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

IMG_0761.jpg

Photo post attempt
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

My turn...... Hmmmm, That photo seemed to post fairly easy, but maybe no one else can see it.

I PM'd the OP , as I like to keep these things private, but the OP decided to go public. Yes I did slam him. I called him out. I'm not on here to be "nicey nice" when someone posts something on here that is contrary to what should be done. A method that is contrary to what the procedure is in the manufactures manual, and if done his way would definitely result in a catastrophic event in my area of the continent. Well I consider a cracked block catastrophic.

me
    "Well that is considered a closed system and you need to state that. I did not see that and apologize if I missed it. Either state it please or I will delete the thread as it is not a proper way to winterize a raw water cooling system. Sorry if I am coming off strong but I'm getting tired of misinformation that can lead to cracked blocks. Please do post informative information but be concise as to what is involved or people will be confused as I was in your first post

thank you"

OP
    "And for your information I owned a Toyota Epic for 17 years, inboard with Lexus V-8, conventional raw water cooling. I winterized it EVERY year with the same method. 5 gallons of RV antifreeze run through with no block or manifold drains opened. Never had any issues."

If it truly was this easy why would the manufactures not have this as the procedure in the manual? Why then would anyone ever have a cracked block?

Having read his response I felt there was no reason to say "apologize, please, sorry or please" to him again.
    The OP has removed his location, but I googled it before he did......perhaps why he never had a cracked block.

"
    The cold season lasts for 3.5 months, from November 20 to March 3, with an average daily high temperature below 51°F. The coldest day of the year is December 30, with an average low of 21°F and high of 42°F. "

But this is from the accuweather network and you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Not knowing much on winterizing a closed cooling system , I looked up Indmars procedure. Would you believe they say to drain it? Also if temps are below a certain temperature you should reevaluate the antifreeze protection one the closed side!

So call me insensitive......I did attend a course this summer.....even have a certificate for attendance, it just doesn't say if I passed or not.

09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default 2016 Craz Winterization part 6. I give up!!

Wow. Is our forum turning into Wake World?
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs