Default 2016 Craz Winterization the Easy way with photos

2016 Moomba Craz Winterization Procedure (May work for others)

1.)Add 20 oz. Stabil to a full fuel tank
    2.)Empty all ballast tanks ( do not trust timers, cycle several times to be sure)
    3.) Remove 4 screws and access cover under rear seat
    4.) Disconnect water inlet hose; remove, drain and clean water filter if equipped.
    5.) Insert hose from Winterizing kit into water inlet hose and clamp
    6.) Turn on water from hose...NOT too much!
    7.) Start Engine and run until temp reaches about 150 degrees (takes 15 minutes). This insures oil is warm and “mixed” with debris for complete removal.
    8.) Turn off water and open valve to RV antifreeze.
    9.) Run until all 5 gallons is gone...Turn off engine. You will notice pink colored liquid expelling from exhaust and from prop shaft.
    10.) Insert vacuum tube into dipstick opening, my vacuum pump required extra-long tube to get to bottom of pan.
    11.) Suction out 6 qts. of oil. This takes a while (15 minutes) be patient.
    12,) Replace oil filter on starboard rear of engine. Removing panel on side of engine (2 wing nuts) makes it much easier. I use Wix # 51372 oil filter.
    13.) Add 6qts. 5W-30 Semi Synthetic oil
    14.) Remove all spark plugs and squirt anti fogging oil into each cylinder. Reinsert spark plug boots coated with silicone dielectric grease to prevent seizing. I consider this optional depending on the climate in your area. It may be the hardest part of the winterization!
    15.) Remove all 3 ballast bags and clean, rinse inside with clear water and drain. Consider adding small amount of bleach and slosh around.
    16.) Lift front carpet to expose access cover, remove 6 screws and cover. Break off non-reusable hose clamp. Clamping with Visegrips and twisting will break it loose.
    17.) Pull off hose from barb fitting and use funnel to pour 1 gallon of antifreeze into “hard” ballast tank. Replace hose clamp with removable type.
    18.) Winterize each ballast pump (there are 3, hidden behind rear access panels) with RV antifreeze by pumping small amount through each pump. I purchased a male quick disconnect from Wakemakers (part # W743) and fabricated a hose assembly. This clips to the lower hose on the rear starboard and port ballast areas. The other end goes into a gallon of RV antifreeze. Run the pumps in REVERSE for a few seconds.
    19.) Behind the starboard access panel there are 2 ballast pumps. Mine are marked S (for starboard) and C (for center). If you remove the lower hoses from each pump you can transfer the one from the S pump to the C pump and run the RV antifreeze through the center pump using the quick disconnect tube like I made. Then return the hoses to their normal positions.
    20.) Remove battery if you donÂ’t have the on board charger and place it on a trickle charger.

NOTE: I have posted on several forums over the years. I always appreciate constructive suggestions. I post these with the intent of helping others. There always seems to be a few individuals whose only goal is to criticize negatively. Not helpful!

I have owned boats for 25 years and always done my own service. The RV antifreeze method I am sharing makes this SOOO much simpler than locating drain plugs and busting knuckles to get to them. I used it on my Toyota Epic for over 10 years with no problems. I used it on my Craz last year with no problems.

I am posting photos below. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Winterization kit available at West marine and 5 gallons RV antifreeze

Remove access panel

Locate water inlet

insert hose into engine side of inlet and clamp

Make sure you run your engine after you change the oil so that everything is coated with fresh oil not old dirty acidic oil. Be very careful using the dipstick tube as the plastic vacuum tube can get stuck on the end of it making removal a pita. I would use the oil drain hose connected to the bottom of the pan if you have one as thats why they put it there.

Note: this is for winterizing the raw water side of a CLOSED cooling system only. It will not winterize the block of a Open raw water cooling system. Mixing -50 plumbing antifreeze with water is a no no as its burst temperature increases significantly with little dilution.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug