Default My version fake-a-lake/hose attachment

I stopped at Menards the other day and pieced together what fittings I needed to attach the garden hose to my raw water intake. As this is my first inboard and I typically do all the service/winterization myself on all my cars/boats. I needed a way to run the bot while on the trailer in order to get all the fluids nice and warm to extract with my fluid extractor. Finally got to put it to use last weekend and am very happy with the outcome!

Last edited by Tylerrnemt; 10-27-2017 at 10:18 PM.

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

Well done. I was going to do something similar but when Indmar came out with the new water strainer with integrated hose attachment I updated to that instead.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

I have a very similar setup that has been used for Years with no issue.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

looks like a easy winter project. my boat is 2 hours away, can you share the dimension of the clear tube please..I can piece the other attachments from that ..
    Thanks Tyler
    2008 Moomba LSV, Gravity III, 1100 port.750 in goofy side rear,400 center,650 IBS everything else stock.....Home lake... Glennifer Lake, Alberta Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by psycho-heico View Post
    looks like a easy winter project. my boat is 2 hours away, can you share the dimension of the clear tube please..I can piece the other attachments from that ..
    Thanks Tyler
    I'm pretty sure the tubing was 1 1/4" ID reinforced tubing.. I believe that the factory intake hose is 1 1/4" inside diameter also. It Slipped over the VDrive intake connection with ease. I used a hose clamp on it just for insurance but doubt it was needed

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

Thank you! This has given me a great idea and a much easier way to winterize! I will make something similar.