Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default How important is the Beer/Booze to your boating experience?

It seems like in our culture that beer/booze is synonymous with boating. I know boaters that couldn't even fathom boating without beer on board.

Honestly, my boating is about music and boardsports (slalom too) and of course being social. Yeah, many or most of my passengers are drinking an alcoholic beverage. And there are plenty of times that I partake. But I'd say that alcohol is only a part of my personal boating experience MAYBE 20% of the time. I could take it or leave it. I have to have my music, I almost always get behind the boat and play. But alcohol could be completely eliminated from my boating and it wouldn't really bother me a bit.

So how about the rest of you? How prominent/important is alcohol in your boating experience?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

hahaha - good post ---
    We go wakeboarding sometimes in the mornings before work and on Saturday. It's the only time some of my buddy's with rugrats can get out there to ride.
    I was telling a friend at work and he asks me "So you are drinking in the morning?" hahaha - like you can't go on a boat without a drink in your hand.
    But seriously, when I'm on my boat I might have about 3 beers spaced over a few hours. It's just too dangerous to not be in complete control when you are towing someone and have SUP riders and open water swimmers all over the place in my river.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

If it's 12pm or close to it and we're boating, then beers are being cracked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

If riding is the main focus then 1-2 beers at most, usually none. Out with a group then yeah beer from the get go. Beer while on the mountain is a different story, one is cracked on the first ride up!
    2009 Moomba LSV

I don't bring beer on the boat, Im definitely fine if the passengers want to bring it and drink, but don't need beer to have a good time, that's why I bought a boat. So far the drinking that I have done in any of my boats , is when its in the driveway either cleaning it at the end of the day with tunes cranked, or sitting in it in the garage when there is 3 feet of snow outside wishing it was summer again.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

If it's family day with the kiddos, I might have 1... Linz probly a few more after dealing with kids all day since you have to bring their friends usually. Lol
    If it's adult day and not much riding to be done, we park most of the day. But I quit well before everyone for the ride home.
    Alcohol can be fun. But if they outlawed it on boats I'd never lose sleep...
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Water, soda (especially Mountain Dew), iced tea, and fruit juice fill the cooler.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Water, soda (especially Mountain Dew), iced tea, and fruit juice fill the cooler.
    Sounds good to me! (although I usually have 1 of the Rockstar Recovery energy drinks when I'm out on the water.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

We only drink when at the sand bar and done riding for the day.
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450

Never allowed alcohol on the boat were always out with the kids don't want them to think its ok to drink and drive Once the boat is docked for the day Different story
    "