Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Build me a MAX

Many SUVs don't have the 7 pin like my buddy using my enclosed trailer this week for moving without the lights and brakes working. Yikes, I just looked the other way. I'm a fan of standardization so when I see a seven pin on something it normally isn't installed on then I assumed Bubba did a modification and 50% of the time it was wired incorrectly. It often asks the question what else did Bubba change? If you have to use another vehicle to tow it you may find yourself towing it without lights also.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.32.37 PM.jpg

This pic from Wakeworld.com claims to be a 2018 Moomba Max. "I'm a looking and I'm a liking!"
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I'd like to ride that
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Anybody try or have a suggestion to try and get 18's on the new Max? For such a large boat and the amount of towing I do it feels 18's would not only help the look but the performance of the trailer. I know this is far fetched but are the trailers any different going from 14's to 18's? Rick T or Drew T, help?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

How will that help the performance? 14's will have more sidewall and more cushion than 18's, with the same overall rolling diameter. With 14's you will soak up bumps better than the lower profile tires of 18's. Plus to me, the cost of 18" tires on a trailer is a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    How will that help the performance? 14's will have more sidewall and more cushion than 18's, with the same oveHrall rolling diameter. With 14's you will soak up bumps better than the lower profile tires of 18's. Plus to me, the cost of 18" tires on a trailer is a waste.
    From what I was told with a tire account I have the 18's are rated for better highway speed and actually hold up better then the 14 inch trailer rated tire. I have nothing to support this information, more trust from a tire expert then anything.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Pretty sure the trailer just requires the wider renders for the larger wheels.
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    From what I was told with a tire account I have the 18's are rated for better highway speed and actually hold up better then the 14 inch trailer rated tire. I have nothing to support this information, more trust from a tire expert then anything.
    I bet that’s correct for 14. Don’t know that same argument holds true for 15’s. But hey that’s something you can tell the wife to justify the extra $2k.

2017 Supra SA

I was surprised the other day when I looked at the 2018 Max and it had 14" wheels. The $2k is hard to swallow but a better option IMO since I do 7 hour tows about every 3 weeks.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    I was surprised the other day when I looked at the 2018 Max and it had 14" wheels. The $2k is hard to swallow but a better option IMO since I do 7 hour tows about every 3 weeks.
    Are you buying this one to own for a while? Doubt you will get $2k back in resale as quick as you flip.

2017 Supra SA