Default Hull gel coat cracks

Found some gel coat cracks when cleaning today on the underside in the general vicinity of the third picture. Should I be concerned or is this not a big deal? On both sides of the hull in the same general area.

Posted this on the FB page too but wanted to see what folks on here had to say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Mobius XLV
    340hp Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity Games III package
    Dual batteries with switch
    Mako light bar and racks

If that were mine I'd be getting it checked out. Anything under the waterline is potential for disaster in my opinion. Especially at that location where it can sort of be "out of sight, out of mind". I have small cosmetic cracks in the gel on the transom around the swim platform brackets but I can easily see if there is any leaking.

Hopefully yours just cosmetic and having it re-gelled would not be too expensive.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    If that were mine I'd be getting it checked out. Anything under the waterline is potential for disaster in my opinion. Especially at that location where it can sort of be "out of sight, out of mind". I have small cosmetic cracks in the gel on the transom around the swim platform brackets but I can easily see if there is any leaking.

Hopefully yours just cosmetic and having it re-gelled would not be too expensive.
    I had some stress cracks filed on my transom last spring. Expect the gel to cost around $250/gallon.

Mine were cosmetic. Your gel is probably pretty think in the bottom.

Labor is the expensive part when hey start to grind down the cracks, fill them, sanding, the the spray of gel.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I had some stress cracks filed on my transom last spring. Expect the gel to cost around $250/gallon.

Mine were cosmetic. Your gel is probably pretty think in the bottom.

Labor is the expensive part when hey start to grind down the cracks, fill them, sanding, the the spray of gel.

Yeah I hope it’s cosmetic as well, and expecting it to be pricey unfortunately. Will add that to the list of winter projects and to-dos unfortunately. Sigh.

2004 Mobius XLV
    340hp Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity Games III package
    Dual batteries with switch
    Mako light bar and racks

That looks like more than just cosmetic spiderwebbing to me. I would definitely have that looked at by a professional to be safe.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

How did you make out with this issue? I have the same boat and look to have the same issues that yours has.