Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Craz vs Moomba Max vs Axis A22

I'm looking at getting a new boat. I have Moomba mobius LSV. Haven't really been behind many boats. I kneeboard and surf. I can surf behind mine with no rope, but not many other people can.

I went on a test ride on the 17 A22 yesterday, and the surf wave was awesome, but riding in the boat just looks cheap. My 2011 Moomba looks nicer.

I'm going the new Max on Monday and hope to see how it works. With that deep of a hull I would awesome it can throw a mean wave.

Anyone have any advice here. I've read with the Moomba's you can adjust the wave more. You can change it from a tall wave to a long wave. With the Axis surf gate you really don't have much adjustment. Any help would be great.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerdell View Post
    I'm looking at getting a new boat. I have Moomba mobius LSV. Haven't really been behind many boats. I kneeboard and surf. I can surf behind mine with no rope, but not many other people can.

I went on a test ride on the 17 A22 yesterday, and the surf wave was awesome, but riding in the boat just looks cheap. My 2011 Moomba looks nicer.

I'm going the new Max on Monday and hope to see how it works. With that deep of a hull I would awesome it can throw a mean wave.

Anyone have any advice here. I've read with the Moomba's you can adjust the wave more. You can change it from a tall wave to a long wave. With the Axis surf gate you really don't have much adjustment. Any help would be great.

Thank you in advance

Couple of items. If your dealer is taking you out, I hope they know how to dial in the surf wave. I hate the hear the stories of a dealer taking a customer out and does not know how work the boat surf settings.

Once boats are purchased, rear stock bags are replaced with larger displacement bags. All boats. Guys are adding an extra bag on the surf side or lead to adjust the weight around. Sometimes it depends on how many people you have aboard.

With the SC boats, once the back-end is properly weighted, bow weight keeps the bow from raising too high and the make the wave longer. Lots of dialed in boats on here and share setups. There should be some good video coming out from a recent CA surf event - Polar Bear. From what I read, Max did very well and held it's own against some of the bigger dollar boats.

I'm not sure, but I think the A22s changed in 2018 to up-their-game. Moomba had nicer interiors on the previous models and models now. There are some guys on here that have owned SC and BU boats, so I'm sure you will get responses from them.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thank you in advance

I don't have any experience with the current year axis boats, but I did shop axis back in 16 when I bought my craz. I leaned towards the moomba because axis owners I had talked to were getting way worse fuel consumption numbers. My understanding was that the wedge and surf system creates a lot more drag than other brands.

I own a craz and it is totally dialed, that being said, I think if I was buying brand new right now, I would go with a MAX. I am not a huge fan of the lines of the max, but I think half the problem is that all we've been seeing is that super bland red and white R&D boat. I'm sure some good gel colors would make a world of difference.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    I am not a huge fan of the lines of the max, but I think half the problem is that all we've been seeing is that super bland red and white R&D boat. I'm sure some good gel colors would make a world of difference.

Good call on that.
    2018 Supra SL400

I don't have any experience with the current year axis boats, but I did shop axis back in 16 when I bought my craz. I leaned towards the moomba because axis owners I had talked to were getting way worse fuel consumption numbers. My understanding was that the wedge and surf system creates a lot more drag than other brands.

I own a craz and it is totally dialed, that being said, I think if I was buying brand new right now, I would go with a MAX. I am not a huge fan of the lines of the max, but I think half the problem is that all we've been seeing is that super bland red and white R&D boat. I'm sure some good gel colors would make a world of difference.

What are you running in the rear?

I've read that with the Moomba it allows you to change the wave from a big wave to a long wave. With the axis it seems like you can only change the wave by weight.

The Max has no bow weight

What are you running in the rear?

I've read that with the Moomba it allows you to change the wave from a big wave to a long wave. With the axis it seems like you can only change the wave by weight.

I'm running 1450 enzos bags in the rear and an additional 400 steel in the front.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I need to see a pic of the Enzo's filled in a Craz. Thinking about getting some myself.

2017 Moomba Craz

The original mojo was horrible with color scheme etc in 2012, while the max is deep I believe color options will smooth out the lines.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'm thinking the Max has 1200 sub floor in the nose.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I'm thinking the Max has 1200 sub floor in the nose.
    DFTR Josh
    You're correct.