Default Polish & Wax Fiberglass Finish...resulted in dull finish

Working with my 1998 Mobius that is white and metal flake blue. The finish is mostly glossy but the white has water spots and some lite stain or dirt. A search around the web showed Collinite as a good product to use to polish and then wax the boat.

So I tested two small 1x1 areas. The first one I applied the Collinite 920 Fiberglass Boat Cleaner with a foam pad on power rotary being sure to be on the lowest RPM (750-1000) and moving around so as not to heat up. I then wiped off the residue and applied the 925 Collinite wax and buffed with a wool bonnet to finish.

On the second area, I applied the Collinite 920 by hand, removed by hand, and applied/removed the 925 wax by hand.

In both cases, the surface is very smooth and very white but the gloss is gone. Its somewhat shiny but no where near the glossiness before I started. When you shine a light on the surface the untreated surface you can actually see the shape of the light bulb reflecting back at you. Over the polished area, you just see the reflection of the light, the surface is not mirror like if that makes sense.

Any tip here? Do I need to buff more with the wax and wool bonnet? Did the Collinite 920 basically eat my gloss fiberglass finish?

Thanks
    Mark.

I think you didn't cut deep enough. This is a 1998 boat. The description of the 920 says:
    . . .
    Mild-cut, compound removes film, light oxidation/discoloration/chalkiness, and tough stains from fiberglass boat finishes. Restores original color and gloss and facilitates the easy application of Collinite’s last step waxes; improving wax bond, spread/coverage and durability. Handcrafted and hand-poured in the USA.
    . . .
    You have to decide if you have "light oxidation" or "heavy oxidation". If heavy you probably need to wetsand and then hit with rubbing compound before you go to the 920.

I would start over on another spot. Sand with 1200 paper, then 1500 or 1800. Then run your buffer with rubbing compound, then pollinite and wax. See what you get.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!