Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You should be good to gonif you got the antifreeze to come out the exhaust after all what you did. I just did my Raptor yesterday and it's even easier with the closed loop cooling system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    You should be good to gonif you got the antifreeze to come out the exhaust after all what you did. I just did my Raptor yesterday and it's even easier with the closed loop cooling system

Don’t you have a fitting in the new motors to attach a hose?

2018 Supra SL400

Not that I saw anywhere.

2017 Moomba Craz

Not that I saw anywhere.

I think I was looking at the Facebook page and someone who put the Indmar sea strainer/flush kit on.

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-s...lush-kit.html/

2018 Supra SL400

I've always ran the boat to temp and then run antifreeze through until it comes out the exhaust. That way I knew antifreeze was everywhere. Just dumping the manifold and drains doesn't get all the water out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dont do this, at temp the thermostat just begins to open. Most of the antifreeze will bypass the engine and go to the exhaust and out the muffler.
    If you drain your block then hook up the intake to antifreeze it will fill the block thru the j tube after any water left from the intake ,pre and post impeller hoses and bottom of the jtube have entered the block and diluted the antifreeze. Once the block is filled remaining antifreeze will mix with water left in the exhaust manifolds if they were not drained , then out to mix with any water in the muffler if it was not drained. This is for open cooling systems
    I like to drain (shopvac) eveything ( block,heater,pre and post impeller hoses, vdrive , and shopvac out the jtube ( easier to remove top housing hose end than circ pump end ) before sucking up plumbing antifreeze. The antifreeze is overkill but it only takes a few more minutes.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Dont do this, at temp the thermostat just begins to open. Most of the antifreeze will bypass the engine and go to the exhaust and out the muffler.
    If you drain your block then hook up the intake to antifreeze it will fill the block thru the j tube after any water left from the intake ,pre and post impeller hoses and bottom of the jtube have entered the block and diluted the antifreeze. Once the block is filled remaining antifreeze will mix with water left in the exhaust manifolds if they were not drained , then out to mix with any water in the muffler if it was not drained. This is for open cooling systems
    I like to drain (shopvac) eveything ( block,heater,pre and post impeller hoses, vdrive , and shopvac out the jtube ( easier to remove top housing hose end than circ pump end ) before sucking up plumbing antifreeze. The antifreeze is overkill but it only takes a few more minutes.
    I forgot to say that I DID always drain the water before running antifreeze through the engine

2017 Moomba Craz

I forgot to say that I DID always drain the water before running antifreeze through the engine

Sorry, but was not sure why you would run your boat to temperature before hand......glad you drain before though...... I always hate hearing about cracked manifolds, blocks or heaters in the spring.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

So DOC your saying that even with the thermostat closed antifreeze will go in the block?

Just winterized today and made a video. I don't use anti-freeze, never have. I'm in Kansas City, and we see single digit temps and below freezing consistently.

https://youtu.be/TKCIjKWyiPA
    -Mike
    2006 Supra 20V

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Just winterized today and made a video. I don't use anti-freeze, never have. I'm in Kansas City, and we see single digit temps and below freezing consistently.

https://youtu.be/TKCIjKWyiPA
    I wouldn't make that gamble.

2017 Moomba Craz