Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I haven’t been there yet but have multiple friends who do and my first thought was lake havasu. Hot but dry. That’s my kind of weather...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Wherever you go, check out the quality of the schools if your kids are still in school. Areas where there are a lot of retirees may not have good school funding as many of those bonds are voted down. Also check the restrictions on the lake.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Wherever you go, check out the quality of the schools if your kids are still in school. Areas where there are a lot of retirees may not have good school funding as many of those bonds are voted down. Also check the restrictions on the lake.
    This for sure. There is a thread about SC houses. We are going to Lake Keowee, SC in a few years. We found however the public school systems are not great and most who can afford it will opt for private schools. We aren't moving until all of our kids are in college so it solves that problem.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Yeah that's part 2 of this process... find out if it's doable. Managerial salaries in my field tend to remain pretty consistent and we have good equity in our home, so even a paycut wouldn't be a deal breaker. Lots of research to do. Also, my company is pretty aggressively expanding so it's not out of the question to pitch a new shop in the area. The populous definitely warrants the work. Even a smaller shop would thrive. Lots of boats + lots of towing = lots of fixing. LOL.
    2018 Moomba Max. Well optioned. 1st in CA.

We also found from our realtor that there is plenty of room for repair shops locally. They said especially for PWC. The repair shops where we are looking just aren't into the PWC business and want to charge $1,000 just to look at them at times. I have owned PWC's for 11 years now and have never taken them to a shop for repair so I am good there. General repair in the area for housing and cars can be improved. The handymen there basically show in the morning (if they aren't hunting) but might go to lunch never to return or come back after a couple of cold ones. So I have that fall back for work if I want.
    I am sure all places have these quirks. If there are places that compete they may not be much competition if you are a doer. Everyone on this forum is a doer so not an issue there. You have to visit all of the places on your list. We have spent the last two years looking in VA, GA, NC and SC. So damn ready to get out of the D.C. area.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I would say Tennessee might be your best bet.
    Many riverfront or lakefront homes on TVA lakes.
    Norris is where we have our condo and will spend a lot of time there but haven't ruled out a lakefront home closer to Knoxville or Nashville.
    No state income tax
    Very low property tax, you can afford a more expensive home when taxes aren't $9000 a year on a $300K house like Ohio.
    You can boat year round as the water does not freeze and still have some snow once in a great while.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions about middle TN. Normally, I'd quietly stay silent about more carpet baggers but I do welcome conservatives as I infer from your previous posts! Good luck!
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

The place go be is Northern Michigan. I moved from California to MI ten years ago and do not regret the move at all. We have great schools, low crime and plenty of health care jobs. Breweries, Wineries, great restaurants, world class golf Golf, skiing, snowmobiling and more outdoor activities I am missing. I have not even gotten to the natural beauty of Lake MI and the surrounding Lakes. Torch Lake, Lake Leelanau, Glenn Lake, Crystal Lake, West and East Grand Traverse Bays and Long Lake just to name a few. All of these lakes are so clear you can see 30 feet down. Because of the proximity to Lake MI the winters are not as cold as other Midwest areas. We do get lots of snow for winter activities though. We have very long days in the summer because of being at the 45th parallel the western edge of the Eastern Time zone. Day light until 10:30PM in the summer. You owe it to yourself to check out the Traverse City area, boating and Life is awesome up here.

2017 Moomba Craz
    Last edited by NOMITC74; 10-20-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Traverse Bay is awesome. When I was there a month ago I couldn't believe the glass for as far as the eye could see, and not one wakeboard out there? WTF?! I would be able to surf and wakeboard for miles and never need to turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

We have been going to Torch Lake lately its Deep 200 ft +. It has a great sand bar to hang out at. The bay on a calm day is great to surf on. Deep and like you said uninterupted surf. I will post some pics if I can figure out how to.

2017 Moomba Craz
    Last edited by NOMITC74; 10-21-2017 at 03:06 PM.