This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed!!!!
    2016 Moomba Helix
    Brittany Blue and Gunmetal Flake
    Full Wetsounds Upgrade
    1100 FatSacs

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Where ever you go I'd recommend ditching your CA car plates as soon as you can.
    Hahahahaha! That is MOST DEFINITELY the plan. Probably before we even move! Have another plot available? I'll park my RV there for now!You guys are awesome!

I think we ruled out PNW just because of how many Californians have already headed there and long winters. We really want some LONG summers. We're looking at Lake Havasu City, Hot Springs and Coeur d'Alene. We just want to start a family and raise our kids somewhere with VALUES. California is so plagued with corrupted people and has lost its appeal to us. Ideally we really want some friendly, hard-working, God-fearing, gun toting American neighbors. HAHAHAHA!

Thank you everyone. I'll keep the research going and let you know what we decide when we decide. Most likely a few years out but obviously it would take some time to get our home sold and coordinate a move. Again, thank you much, very appreciated!
    2018 Moomba Max. Well optioned. 1st in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBabyBadger View Post
    I've been up to Portland and Redmond/Bend area but it's been a long while. The area is HUGE, is there a particular area you can recommend there? What are summers like?
    Summers are fantastic, with temps typically in the 80s and 90s. We don't have high humidity like the South. Don't have elevation like some other mountain areas, so boats make more power. That said, We're not gonna get you the LONG season you want because even though we don't have snowy winters, we have colder wetter weather and that's not going to make you happy.

Hahahahaha! That is MOST DEFINITELY the plan. Probably before we even move! Have another plot available? I'll park my RV there for now!You guys are awesome!

I think we ruled out PNW just because of how many Californians have already headed there and long winters. We really want some LONG summers. We're looking at Lake Havasu City, Hot Springs and Coeur d'Alene. We just want to start a family and raise our kids somewhere with VALUES. California is so plagued with corrupted people and has lost its appeal to us. Ideally we really want some friendly, hard-working, God-fearing, gun toting American neighbors. HAHAHAHA!

Thank you everyone. I'll keep the research going and let you know what we decide when we decide. Most likely a few years out but obviously it would take some time to get our home sold and coordinate a move. Again, thank you much, very appreciated!
    Idaho certainly fits your demographic, but you aren't going to get that long boating season. It won't be any longer than in the PNW and the winters will be a lot more harsh.

If you want that 'endless summer', you have to go South and that typically involves hot, humid weather (unless you end up in the dessert).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    If you want that 'endless summer', you have to go South and that typically involves hot, humid weather (unless you end up in the dessert).
    Yeah I think we are gonna vaca in Havasu this spring and see what we think of it. Lots of body shops. TONS of boating. LONG summer. I used to live in Phoenix, so I'm pretty used to warm weather. Plus it's pretty dry there and the homes are BALLER in our budget range.

IF I'm gonna have a winter, I want snow! LOL. No sense in staring at a boat, I'd rather be bombing down a mountain on my snowboard in the off season. HAHA!

Texas is always a good option... for 500k you can do very well down here. But humidity, I'll leave it at that lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Yeah I think we are gonna vaca in Havasu this spring and see what we think of it. Lots of body shops. TONS of boating. LONG summer. I used to live in Phoenix, so I'm pretty used to warm weather. Plus it's pretty dry there and the homes are BALLER in our budget range.

IF I'm gonna have a winter, I want snow! LOL. No sense in staring at a boat, I'd rather be bombing down a mountain on my snowboard in the off season. HAHA!
    Our original retirement plan was the area around Park City, so we could be at the lake all summer and have world class snow resorts all winter with a City close enough to have some arts and culture.

But we've since changed up our strategy. Ironically it was after visiting Texas and getting a taste of what it would be like to live waterfront. Needless to say, the idea of living with our boat ON the water and our house waterfront was really appealing. I mean, right now I can be at a few different boat launches within 15 to 25 minutes. So for it to be significantly better, it'd need to be waterfront. The new retirement plan (in 12 to 16 years) is for us to buy a floating home in the Portland area and live there from April through Thanksgiving. Then we'll pick a ski town (Park city, Tahoe, Breckenridge, Whistler, etc) and rent a small condo for the ski season. Then we get the best of both and hopefully can afford it all. Having a floating home would be pretty rad. You're on the water 24/7 and we'd hope for a place with a rooftop patio and a boat slip (with a covered lift) attached to the home. For us, the combo of boating summer, snowboarding winter, city life access, and something we could afford is tough to attain. But we're gonna try to find it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Yeah I totally get it. Luckily in my field of expertise salaries stay pretty competitive, my money will just go further in another state. California has insane taxes, gas, home prices, etc. I just want MORE for my money. Realistically if I wasn't addicted to boating I'd have a $7-800K home but I like being well within my means and also having some left over. I'm currently raped and pillaged for child support by my ex. That goes away in two years... so the budget gets much more fun! I like the snow, but prefer to travel TO IT. Youd have to visit California to really get it... people here just aren't very nice or appreciative. Of all the cars we fix... we get so little thanks for the job we do. Which is fine, we are here to make money... but I've been to Texas several times and lived in AZ... people are just different. Kinder.

My retirement plan in 25 years is also to retire to the water. I LOVE IT. Just live on the water with my Moomba in tow. Ready to go!

Ozarks has some amazing lakes and the only place I have lived that actually had 4 distinct seasons. Being in the South I have to recommend Smith Lake in Alabama (yea you can just tell everyone you married your cousin, you don't have to actually do it, they won't check). Super long season, think 7 months without wet suits. One of the cleanest lakes I've ever been to. Southern hospitality (we're all family so we have to be nice to each other). What cost a million in CA will cost around 250k in AL (but it is in AL, cant get around that). 1hr away from Birmingham or Tuscaloosa (Roll Tide). Bad side? HOT it's freaking HOT, humidity, and mosquitoes the size of cars. Did I mention it's hot? current temp is outright blustery 90 but I'm over in MS so it might be cooler there now say 85.
    Rob
    '17 Moomba
    Craz

https://www.instagram.com/arkansas/

Arkansas Instagram does a good job of capturing "the natural state"

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

havasu would be a great place to live.

I would check into the income levels first. not sure that cali income levels move from state to state as easily as one might think..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten