Default Transmission and v drive fluid

It seems like most of the routine service for the Indmar Raptor looks easy enough. I think I will save the $125 an hour labour and do it myself.

In my research I came across somebody that said you can't just suck the transmission fluid out the dipstick hole. If you do that then you won't get all the fluid out since there is a lot in the transmission cooler.

Does the raptor have a transmission cooler? If so how do you get all the transmission fluid out?

Also where is the transmission filter and how do you clean/replace it? The manual doesn't really say.

I'm assuming the v drive oil is a simple suck out and replace.

Dealer was going to charge $130 to replace the raw water impeller so I think I'll invest in a puller and do it myself.

Thanks
    James

I'm not positive the trans even has a filter. They only hold a couple quarts and a boat transmission is much simpler then a car transmission.

There isn't that much fluid in the lines and the trans cooler.

I'm not sure on a Raptor but on the 345 Surf the raw water goes in the impeller housing then out right into the cooler and it has two lines to the trans running down the starboard side on my engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]