Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Vinyl / Upholstery

Can anyone help, I’m having the interior re-upholstered this winter I have a guy lined up to do the work but I’m supplying the material does anyone know the brand Moomba use for the newer boats or can recommend a manufacturer as I like the textured material rather than the leather look that’s in the picture below I want to recreate something similar but in Blue for my Mobius V. Moving away from the original design won’t affect the re-sale value in the UK so I’d rather have something I like whilst I save for a newer boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I ordered new seat skins from my dealer for my 2013 LSV. I was told Skiers Choice keeps the replacements for boat models up to 7 years. Mine matched perfectly, but not cheap.
    ADM

2018 Craz

Unfortunately my boat is older than that

Quote Originally Posted by Rorymulderrig View Post
    Unfortunately my boat is older than that
    It's called spradling, you can't find it, but you can order by the yard directly from moomba. Send them an email and they'll give you the part numbers for colors you want. The vinyl is foam backed, but expensive, very nice stuff.

I've used this as well, very high quality, not foamed backed, get the sample card. American spirit nagahyde

https://www.decorativefabricsdirect....inyl_s/371.htm
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

There is better quality vinyl than what Moomba uses and does you upholsterer have any recommendations from their experience? I replaced most of my vinyl years ago with just the gunwale remaining and going to top quality is the only way to go. Big difference in looks and feel especially durability and looks years later.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    There is better quality vinyl than what Moomba uses and does you upholsterer have any recommendations from their experience? I replaced most of my vinyl years ago with just the gunwale remaining and going to top quality is the only way to go. Big difference in looks and feel especially durability and looks years later.
    Agreed. Don't skimp here. I went to the upholstery shop and let them show me the options. Came back to them with our ideas. Kind of met in the middle on design but went with the best vinyl and foam they had and don't regret it one bit.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Agreed. Don't skimp here. I went to the upholstery shop and let them show me the options. Came back to them with our ideas. Kind of met in the middle on design but went with the best vinyl and foam they had and don't regret it one bit.
    who did you use and what was the price?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Bentleys and total bill was around $5500 if I recall.

However I pulled all the pieces and brought them in and we made some serious modifications. Custom patterns and inlays. Converted the rear deck from 1-piece to 3-piece. Front playpen from 2-piece to 3-piece. All new foam in the seats and rear deck. Etc.

I figured I could always upgrade stereo gear or ballast later and piecemeal that if needed but mediocre interior would be a regret if not done right.

You looking to do a refresh?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    It's called spradling, you can't find it, but you can order by the yard directly from moomba. Send them an email and they'll give you the part numbers for colors you want. The vinyl is foam backed, but expensive, very nice stuff.

I've used this as well, very high quality, not foamed backed, get the sample card. American spirit nagahyde

https://www.decorativefabricsdirect....inyl_s/371.htm
    Spradling brand vinyl is very easy to find. I use it all the time. It's much cheaper than buying it from skiers choice.

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

Thanks for that I'll have a look and try skiers choice