Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Do you somehow cover or mask the unnafected part? It is only the black pain affected.
    Will this over time, I mean multiple applications over time, eat through the color on the gel coat? How thick is the color. Will this affect the metal flakes? I guess I don't know if the pain on gel coat is a superficial thin layer versus deep into the gel coat.
    I use the Zing every year at the end of the season on the entire exterior of the boat. My dad has a 1991 Bayliner. He has used Zing on it every year since purchasing the boat in 1993 without having any negative effects to the color or the gelcoat. We basically use it to get rid of water spots and scum from normal boat usage.
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

CLR works too. Mineral deposits will dissolve. Lightly mist, rub lightly and keep it moist with more CLR and wiping. Rinse after 5 minutes. It will be smooth and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Great feedback. Thanks guys for all the awesome ideas.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I agree looks like hardwater spots to me... vinager should take it off with minimal effort. I actually use a 50/50 diluted vinager solution to wipe down mine after every trip out. This removes any waterspots before they get outta hand. Just wax it fairly regularly.

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo