Default New member/ winterization recommendation

Hello, my name is Naftel and I just bought a used 2002 Moomba Möbius LSV!

I live in he Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada and wonder if anyone has any recommendations as to where to get my boat winterized?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the winterization yourself. It is not very difficult and only requires basic tools.

I used to pay for the shop to do this service for me the first few years of ownership, but after I learned how easy it was and how much $$ I would save, never again.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Do the winterization yourself. It is not very difficult and only requires basic tools.

I used to pay for the shop to do this service for me the first few years of ownership, but after I learned how easy it was and how much $$ I would save, never again.
    I had considered this....however realized if that I didn't get someone to do it soon, it might be done before it freezes.

What's the thought on shrink wrapping the boat?
    It's going to sit in my driveway for this winter and hopefully go inside a heated shop we are building before next winter.

Am I correct in thinking that if the boat is in heated storage it would not need to be winterized?

2002 Moomba Möbius LSV

I have thought about that. If it is in heated storage it will be fine bu the question is what if the heat fails for a long period of time?
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I have thought about that. If it is in heated storage it will be fine bu the question is what if the heat fails for a long period of time?
    Hadn't considered that.... hmm well at least I will save on shrink wrap by storing it indoors.

2002 Moomba Möbius LSV

Careful with the shrink wrap if you have any moisture inside the boat still. Sealed up too tight can create a breeding ground for mold and mildew...

If possible add a couple incandescent light bulbs and a circulation fan to keep the air moving and dry.

Indoors would be best - if not, having it under a carport or structure will help save your cover and interior.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Careful with the shrink wrap if you have any moisture inside the boat still. Sealed up too tight can create a breeding ground for mold and mildew...
    I had exactly that same problem. I did the shrink wrap the first winter because it was stored in a wooded lot and ended up with pink mold on the sun deck and some other kind of blackish mold also. They included vents but it didn't help. I never did it again and I am fine with it. Saved a bunch of money too. I just throw the cover on it after winterizing, removed or cracked seats, opened all internal compartments, add a marine rated heated fan and it is good to go.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I had exactly that same problem. I did the shrink wrap the first winter because it was stored in a wooded lot and ended up with pink mold on the sun deck and some other kind of blackish mold also. They included vents but it didn't help. I never did it again and I am fine with it. Saved a bunch of money too. I just throw the cover on it after winterizing, removed or cracked seats, opened all internal compartments, add a marine rated heated fan and it is good to go.
    I wondered about mould with shrink wrap....ultimately I think we won't do it this year - mostly due to cost as the cheapest I saw near me is $12/ft

I do have an un heated barn I may put it in for this winter with just the cover on it to keep dust etc out. Then build a heated drive shed before next winter where it will go in the future.

2002 Moomba Möbius LSV