Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To me that would indicate it being "flex fuel" but I still would not run E85. It may be cheaper but your fuel mileage will be awful.

We recently had a new Buccees built by my house and they sell ethanol free gas, problem is it is about $1.40 a gallon more expensive than E10 so I just can't justify the added cost. The increase in fuel mileage will not offset that cost.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

David, where is this Buccees?!? I've been searching for E0 in Texas for months! I'll be down there with 2 transfer tanks as soon as I get home! Any chance you remember what octane they had?
    We've been driving to Louisiana to get it in the past.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    David, where is this Buccees?!? I've been searching for E0 in Texas for months! I'll be down there with 2 transfer tanks as soon as I get home! Any chance you remember what octane they had?
    We've been driving to Louisiana to get it in the past.
    It is on Katy right off of I-10 and Cane Island Parkway. You get $0.20 a gallon off if you buy a premium car wash so if you plan on buying a large amount the $16 car wash may end up saving you some money.

The octane is an interesting topic, every pump offers ethanol free however some have it listed as 87 octane and some pumps have it listed has 92 octane. You may want to ask management about that, not sure why different pumps would have different octanes.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Yea that is different... if they have 92-93 I'm all over it.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    To me that would indicate it being "flex fuel" but I still would not run E85. It may be cheaper but your fuel mileage will be awful.
    I did some homework with the last ford ranger that I bought that was able to run e85. it was quite a bit cheaper in WI and although you do have a mileage penalty for using it, the difference in cost vs mileage was close.
    what stopped me from switching was a truck with 100k on the clock and read a lot of stories about how e85 will snag the crap in the bottom of the tank and drag it through the engine causing more issues with injectors and fuel pumps/filters. most say if you don't run e85 out of the gate or alternate, stay away from it and if you do, expect to replace a few fuel filters within the first 1k miles you run it on older vehicles..

on the flip side, lots of turbo4 guys moving to e85 as primary gas due to the higher octane rating and increased boost you can run by switching rather than running meth/water injection or race gas.

I have noticed a lot more stations putting in ethanol free gas in utah but at a higher cost and it's typically at the lower end of the octane rating.

I use an app called fuel buddy for both my rigs. I started using with the Genesis coupe when it was brand new in Nov'15. I ONLY used 91octane ethanol free from a station in Wisconsin and now in Utah, I am forced to use ethanol blended premium. gas mileage last year averaged 23.5. gas mileage this year is 25.2. I am driving more 60mph highway than before so not true apples to apples but doesn't look to be as much of a hit as I expected on the premium side..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I think the main benefit for having ethanol free pump gas is that I can fill my cans for my mower with and not have to worry about their fuel systems. I don't see myself spending that much for boat gas especially since all I ever used in the LSV was E10 and I never once had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

I use ethanol free in the small engines including the dirt bike mainly because of the length of time the fuel sits in the tannks. I'll pump out the ethanol gas in my Moomba and replace it with ethanol free gas with Stabil when it gets winterized. I only put in a couple of gallons.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

If you are cycling through your boat fuel on a regular basis, the e10 is fine as most newer fuel injected engines are tuned for it. Keep in mind, that some pure gas places don't run any sort of gas additives like cleaners and stuff, so that is also to consider.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Refined gasoline actually includes a mandated package of additives, even though some add additional to their "premium" in order to charge a premium p/gal. Boat engines and their fuel system have been ethanol tolerant for about 15 years or more. The real issue is the moisture absorption and phase separation in vehicles that sit. Even law mower and weed eaters.

Let me expand on my previous statement. Yes, all gas has a certain level of detergents added to the fuel at the refineries. The difference is that the major branded fuels have their own additional additives added to the mix, while unbranded gas only has the absolute minimum as required by federal standards. So as most on here have seen, the places that carry %100 gas are normally unbranded stations, so they don't have the higher level detergents. Just like as my Corvette, I run an after market additive with my %100 and only try to put Chevron or Texaco gas with Techron in it.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold