Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Project: Installing 2 tower speakers on 2015 Moomba Mondo with Aviator Tower
    Goal: To have MB Quart tower speakers running on separate amp, have LED lights working, be able to turn off tower speakers when not surfing, riding behind boat.

Status: Amp installed, speaker installed, speakers are running great off amp. LED lights not working, I have not been able to independently turn off tower speakers.

Feeling: Frustrated

Need Help with: My system is pretty straight forward. I have the Fusion head unit running my in-boat kicker speakers (per factory setup). I then added an 8" JL Audio sub (under passenger seat behind driver seat) then amp I mounted to the foot board (drivers seat) and connected power and ground to distribution strip under the helm. It worked fantastic by the way. Next I wanted to add tower speakers so I installed the MB Quart speakers on the tower, found the pre-wired tower wires on the passenger side of the boat just dangling, connected them to wires that then ran to a JBL Audio marine amp by the boats single battery. Grounded the amp to the battery and ran power direct from battery as well. That all worked perfect, no problems.

Next I wanted to connect second set of wires coming out of speakers to run LED's. I found the light blue and black wires that were pre wired in the tower BUT CAN'T FIND WHERE THEY GO? Does anyone know where the heck the pre-wired aviator tower lights wires terminate? It looks like they run to the under the helm but I CAN'T FIND THEM! I found the pre-wired speaker wires on the other side no problem just hanging there, but these go into split loom and disappear!

Next - I still have the buzzing sound in the speakers because I installed underwater LED lights that are causing some type of interference or ground loop issue. Not sure what it is but when I added a second battery and connected the amp to it, the buzzing went away. That would be a great solution but the battery will quickly die without being connected to the motors alternator which will (I assume) re-introduce the unwanted noise. I agree with MLA above but thought I would throw out these new issues/problems with more details that may or may not change the proposed solution.

So here is what I am trying to figure out:
    Where do the pre-wired wires terminate from the Aviator tower for lights (not speakers)?
    How do I turn off my tower speakers independent from the rest of my system so I don't blast the lake when there isn't a rider?
    How do I stop the buzzing that comes when I turn on Nav/Underwater LED lights?

Appreciate your professional opinions...

Al
    2015 Moomba Mondo (Surf Edition)
    Ford Raptor 400
    Roswell Aviator Tower
    AutoFlow Upgraded to Gen 2
    Added JL Audio Amp & Subwoofer

How do I stop the buzzing that comes when I turn on Nav/Underwater LED lights?
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghts-turned-on

Besides the test with a spare battery, what else has been done to isolate the noise? Have you reached out to your amp and tower speaker retailer for technical support? This is never a bad idea.

Still some unanswered questions about the boat, in that previous thread.

How do I turn off my tower speakers independent from the rest of my system so I don't blast the lake when there isn't a rider?
    One question from the previous thread, are the in-boat speaker on their own external amp or driven by head unit?

What model head unit does your boat have?

For turning towers off , I used a universal zone control knob that plugs into the rca's , I plugged mine in right off the back of the fusion head unit , I only use it for full on or full off , not as volume control , control volume through zone 1 of head unit, it works great ,but if I use the zone control knob as a volume , it does have buzzing everywhere in between
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I still haven't been able to locate where the heck the lighting wires terminate on the starboard side of the boat... This is a 2015 Moomba Mondo with the Aviator tower pre-wired. I have read other posts that the wires go all the way around the bow to the Amp area to a white harness but that is on the new 2017 boats with the newer tower. I even called Roswell, they don't know. I am stumped, they go into split loom and then disappear. Any help appreciated.

Al
    Ford Raptor 400
    Roswell Aviator Tower

My 17 tower the speaker wires and led wire for speakers terminated on the port side , they were about a foot short of reaching the amp rack, the nav light and wires for the light bar are on the starboard side , mine were zip tied with the in boat speakers under the base of the tower
    Last edited by stevemarich; 10-19-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I will look there... Thank you...
    Ford Raptor 400
    Roswell Aviator Tower

Long weekend at the lake working on the boat... I found the wires after a long search. On the Port side, four wires exit the tower, on my boat they were inside a rubber sheath so I could not see how many wires were inside. Only two wired come out the end of the sheath, so I assumed only two wires exited the tower on that side, which didn't make sense because of all the wires in the tower itself. I ended up cutting the sheath where the wires exit the tower, and found the extra two wires inside, they were hiding inside the sheath and I couldn't see them. I got everything hooked up but I have some buzzing coming from one of the speakers when the LED speaker lights are on. Next step is to trouble shoot that problem by reconnecting the ground and seeing if that eliminates the buzzing. I have to admit, I have spent a lot more time on this small tower speaker project than I anticipated. Might have been worth having the experts do this one.
    Ford Raptor 400
    Roswell Aviator Tower

Quick follow up note... I ordered a little interference eliminator from amazon that plugs into the RCA's and bingo, all the buzzing is now gone!
    Ford Raptor 400
    Roswell Aviator Tower