Default 100 Hour Service

I have a 2016 helix. I just scheduled my winterization at the dealership and was told all I need to do is have the oil changed. I just turned 105 hours on the engine. Is that all I need to have done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on your dealer.

My experience (two Moomba's)

When Orlando dealer was Watersports of Central Florida all they did was change fluids and impellor and give it a good check-up for a price of $250.

When Orlando dealer became regal and nautiques of Orlando, they claimed to replace everything including spark plug wires, lake test it, Check ballast (but the ballast bags were in my garage) to a tune of about $700.00.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

Default 100 Hour Service

I’m being quoted $600 for an oil change and winterization in Wisconsin. I just want to make sure they’re not missing something else that needs to be done. I haven’t had the best luck so far.

Last edited by Willyourun; 10-01-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willyourun View Post
    I’m being quoted $600 for an oil change and winterization in Wisconsin. I just want to make sure they’re not missing something else that needs to be done. I haven’t had the best luck so far.

Seriously, are you retarded? Just kidding, but what exactly are they doing for 600. If you have ever done it yourself you will wonder, it takes all of 2 hours tops. I hope that includes wrapping it up with a bow. But thats just me with the MRSP prices out there...... Moomba Really Stupid Price, lets see if they will pay it?

Fortunately or Unfortunately it takes me 1.5 hrs to haul my boat out to the dealer, then an hour back home ...wait ....an hour back to the dealer then home again.....well my time is worth more than theirs so there is no way in hell I'm going to waste 5 hours of my time to pay them 300 / hour for 2 hours of work.
    But thats just me and my situation is most likely different than yours. I could have them come to my place and do it but then I suspect they would want a Grrrr

But I was once in your shoes and paid it as I was afraid to do it myself for fear I may F it up. I had to one year due to circumstances and was amazed at how simple it is and any grade 12 educated one could do so and most likely thats who is doing it. That was 16 yrs ago and I can say the people on this site have been invaluable with the information that can be gained if one wants it. Its not rocket science.
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 10-01-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    Depends on your dealer.

My experience (two Moomba's)

When Orlando dealer was Watersports of Central Florida all they did was change fluids and impellor and give it a good check-up for a price of $250.

When Orlando dealer became regal and nautiques of Orlando, they claimed to replace everything including spark plug wires, lake test it, Check ballast (but the ballast bags were in my garage) to a tune of about $700.00.
    Why would they water test it for a winterization?????? before hand so they could go skiing and warm up the oil???
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Look in the engine manual that comes with a boat. It should specify the service intervals. There is probably something due at the 100 hour point. Or, maybe, all you need is oil, filter, fuel filter, and have the water drained. The manual should be specific.

I recommend doing the scheduled maintenance yourself but I'm cheap and I enjoy working on the boat. An electric oil pump from Jabsco will pay for itself in the first year.

At the bare minimum, even if you choose to have the dealer winterize, I think you should learn to drain the engine block of water....just in case you ever get in a bind. Especially up there in Wisconsin.

2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Willyourun View Post
    I have a 2016 helix. I just scheduled my winterization at the dealership and was told all I need to do is have the oil changed. I just turned 105 hours on the engine. Is that all I need to have done?

Assuming you have had your Vdrive oil and tranny oil changed already
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

$600 is too high.
    There are about 8 inboards in my neighborhood and half of us do it ourselves and the other half hire a travelling mechanic who does it for around $300 in your driveway.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold