Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default What would you pay?

Well, been boat shopping with the wife and you guys have 75% convinced me the Raptor motor is ok... lol
    Rinkers has an SA400 they've been using as a demo boat up here in Conroe. It's been well kept but has right as 50ish hours it. Never titled so it would be sold as new with warranty and the 100hr service included since it already had the 20hr done.
    Being a demo boat, it's been used hard since hour 1, pulling and potentially having people use it that are new to boating. Not worried about engine break in, we covered that somewhere in a recent thread.
    MSRP was around 135k, they had it listed around 105k, and now since it's a demo boat we're working on price. I was thinking around 86-88k, seems rinkers has settled at 90k.
    Should I hold out?
    Should I build a Max for 20k less?!?
    Go... thanks!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

I bought a very similarly equipped 2017 SA back in the beginning of July. The MSRP on the build sheet was $138.438, it had 17 hours on it when I bought it. They did the 20 hour service before I picked it up and included a certificate for the 100 hour service. The one you are looking at obviously has more hours "50ish", but if you can buy that boat for $90k I think that's a really solid deal.

No comparison between the Max and Supra in my opinion...I would go Supra all day even if it was going to be $20k cheaper, which I think it would actually be $75k or so to get the Max with all the options on it.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Well, been boat shopping with the wife and you guys have 75% convinced me the Raptor motor is ok... lol
    Rinkers has an SA400 they've been using as a demo boat up here in Conroe. It's been well kept but has right as 50ish hours it. Never titled so it would be sold as new with warranty and the 100hr service included since it already had the 20hr done.
    Being a demo boat, it's been used hard since hour 1, pulling and potentially having people use it that are new to boating. Not worried about engine break in, we covered that somewhere in a recent thread.
    MSRP was around 135k, they had it listed around 105k, and now since it's a demo boat we're working on price. I was thinking around 86-88k, seems rinkers has settled at 90k.
    Should I hold out?
    Should I build a Max for 20k less?!?
    Go... thanks!
    90K would be a great price. Don't lose sleep over a couple of grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

What does the 20hr and 100hr service involve?

Is that worth significant $$?

I'd offer 90 and a 1k credit in the pro shop/accessory department.
    that makes me feel i'm under 90k and the real outlay for the dealer on 1k in add ons is more like 4-500.

and would it bother me to buy a 50hr boat? no. my first supra was the 2006 supra demo/photo shoot boat for the launch20ssv. it had 90hrs on it(actually found the wood piece in the front that had the tennessee registration numbers on it they hung over the edge when traveling- took off to photo shoot). I had not a single issue with the boat in 250hrs of use and 5years of ownership.

gl...
    Last edited by sandm; 09-27-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

If the budget calls for it it's not a bad deal for a new SA that would be under full factory warranty.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Dude you can't go wrong! Wish I had the coin for a Supra or found that kind of a deal on one. We were well below $80k on our MAX and LOVE IT. It's actually got some cool options the Supra can't get get yet (Neoprene Snap out floors) but doesn't have some bells and whistles the Supra offers.With a full factory warranty, IMO: YOU CAN'T GO WRONG! Did I mention that...? Good luck! Can't wait to see what you choose!

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

And the Indmar Raptor engine is flippin' SICK.
    Last edited by TheBabyBadger; 09-27-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    2018 Moomba Max. Well optioned. 1st in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBabyBadger View Post
    Dude you can't go wrong! Wish I had the coin for a Supra or found that kind of a deal on one. We were well below $80k on our MAX and LOVE IT. It's actually got some cool options the Supra can't get get yet (Neoprene Snap out floors) but doesn't have some bells and whistles the Supra offers.With a full factory warranty, IMO: YOU CAN'T GO WRONG! Did I mention that...? Good luck! Can't wait to see what you choose!

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

And the Indmar Raptor engine is flippin' SICK.
    Awesome! I would have went with the metal flake though! But love the blue.

Now get us some damn pictures and video of the surf wave already! (on your thread of course)
    Last edited by trayson; 09-27-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Awesome! I would have went with the metal flake though! But love the blue.

Now get us some damn pictures and video of the surf wave already! (on your thread of course)
    Yeah... I was up and down. I work in collision and one thing I can tell you about metal flake is: IT FADES (I may wrap the deck at some point).

And okay okay... I'll get some pics of me crashing into my huge wave! If anyone is in the Northern Bay area and wants to meet up or join lemme know! PM for contact. We are lake junkies (not park and partiers).
    2018 Moomba Max. Well optioned. 1st in CA.