Default What to do if you get a dead battery?

So let's say you have a dual battery setup and you are running your boat on battery 1 for the day. You pull up somewhere, run the radio and your battery dies. Do you switch to battery 2 and start, switch to both batteries and start? If you start on battery 2, once you are started is it OK to switch to dual while the boat is running?

And speaking of battery switches, has anyone run into the following issue: You have your ballast switches switched to empty and you forget to flip them off, you then turn the battery switch to off. When I turn on the battery switch on and check the ballast screen it shows all ballast at about 70% full. I've used my manual external pump to fill up and then empty using the boat pumps but it takes a while. I've tried shortening the ballast timers, and then running them but that never seems to work.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

I would be tempted to run on battery 2 only and keep it isolated. Without knowing what is wrong with #1 I think I would wait and deal with it at home. If you run on "both" you may find the draw from #1 keeps you from having enough power.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

so you drain battery 1 using stereo and hanging out and use battery 2 to start to the boat , it is fine to switch to 1+ 2 and should charge both batteries from the ALT

with the ballast I have done that and just reset the timers
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    so you drain battery 1 using stereo and hanging out and use battery 2 to start to the boat , it is fine to switch to 1+ 2 and should charge both batteries from the ALT

with the ballast I have done that and just reset the timers
    How do you reset the timers?
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Set the time to fill drain to like one min each then hit the drain button and the % should go back to 0 then reset them to your normal fill times
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold