Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ok thanks guys
    2013 outbackv

You might be able to trim around the chrome moomba with exactly knife to get graphics off , seems time consuming either way
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

not sure how they are applied but I have de-badged almost every new vehicle I have owned in the last 15 years and most recently the silverado. they are the "chrome" plastic stick on letters.
    apply some heat to soften the adhesive backing being careful not to melt the letters and use some strong dental floss to slide between the gelcoat and the letters. that usually does the trick to get them off in a single piece. once off, use goo gone to clean up all the original adhesive on the back side and buy some 3m double sided tape from a paint supply store for just this type of work.
    it's a slow, time consuming process if you want them in 1 piece. I have lots of broken random letters that may or may not spell silverado leftover
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by BT_48170 View Post
    Chrome. Oh yeah I agree with what everyone said above about them getting damaged when you take them off, not sure how you would do that or you would have to go so slow that it wouldn't be worth it.
    See if you can order the black-out letters for your boat from a dealer.
    If you are into having the name on there, the black would look good with the yellow. Not chrome.
    2018 Supra SL400

Typically badges are held on with 3m double sided foam trim tape. Like this:
    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

That said, I've used the 3m spray adhesive on various projects. The spray adhesive works best if you spray it on both surfaces, wait for it to get tacky, than put them together. So it would be tough to get it sprayed on the gelcoat without overspray, but I suppose it could be possible with enough time and effort.

What Sandm said was pretty on point though. Most people wouldn't bother though. Also, as you peel off the decals, trying to cut with a razor knife as jmvotto suggested would be plausible too.

Good luck and I admire your determination.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I do like Sandm but use fishing line to cut through the 3m tape. Once the letter is removed I use a heat gun, rubbing alcohol, adhesive remover and/or some auto wax to get the rest of the tape off with various amounts of success with each. At that point it's easy work just time consuming.