Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

When you first asked ... I pulled up the WS website to see what approach I might start with .....

1. Leave in boat speakers as is
    2. Do a pair of Rev10s off a dx4
    3. 12" Wetsounds (for matching purposes) or JL w6
    4. dx6 to power the in boats and sub.

With a 5k budget, that leaves room for box building and tuning from a reputable local shop. (assuming you are doing the rest yourself)

There are many other considerations (future plans, upgrades, downgrades, etc) that may affect amp choices but that is a place to start conversation. It is also a very solid stereo system.

A factory dual battery setup would likely be adequate.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Or you could just as easily go all Kicker if you keep in boats and wanted all matching. I was just using WS as example .... well and because there isn't a better tower speaker solution.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 09-27-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

From the Exile site...plainly states that it's a 2 year warranty when pairing amps with speakers....

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.php/customer-service
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

For those that cannot read the image:

Electronics - 1 Year
    This warranty may be extended to 2 years when installed with Exile speaker products.
    Speakers - 1 Year
    This warranty may be extended to 2 years when installed with Exile amplifier products.
    This means you have to buy a "promo-package" of speakers and amp, in order to get the 2 years.

Wet Sounds offers a single component 2 yr warranty so no restrictions on what brand speaker and amp combos you want to pair up. 2 years also on the Wet Sounds EQ's.

Kicker's 2 year amp warranty also makes no stipulations of speaker brands paired with amp. 2 years, no matter what brand.

You will have NO problem with the Exile warranty even beyond the stated 2 year mark. They are all about customer service. Both companies are great from a customer service standpoint. Don't let that be the reason you go one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

5 k in just equipment or with install?
    If it was my boat and you want middle of the road product.

First I would add bow speakers and swap interiors with the WS Revo or JL M series. Add a JL W3 or Revo12 in a ported enclosure for increased output.
    Run a pair of the best tower speakers on the market, the Rev10's. You can do 4 if you want.
    For amplifiers I would run a SYNDX4 to tower and a SynDX6 to woofer and inboats.
    If you have the group24 dual battery set up, it can work but your play at rest time is garbage or very short with only one group 24. You can upgrade to group 27 or 31 to start with unless you want to rock out at the sand bar/party cove for hours on end.
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450

I agree here, exile has taken good care of me beyond 2 yrs
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

No one has made any reference to any warranty issue. However, in two threads, the exile warranty was touted as being a selling point over another brand's. In reality, I think any reasonable person can see for themselves, which brand has the better warranty. Wet Sounds offers two years on their products. Each individual product, regardless of what amp brand the speakers are powered with, or what speakers an amp drives. No one is required to purchase a package, to get the same 2 year warranty.

Have an amp and want to upgrade the tower speakers = covered 2 years
    Want to upgrade the in-boat wattage and get an amp = covered 2 years
    Want to install an XXXv2 but go with a Kicker KX2400.1 = woofer gets a 2 year warranty.

From an outside perspective (I am not an Exile or Wetsounds fanboy) it seems like Exile has more problems relative to the market share. There used to be a thread every week that touted their excellent customer service...which is great. But the frequency of those posts always made me wonder why so many people have problems with them. It may be a non-issue but that's just the vibe I get as a non-expert and casual reader of the audio forum. Exile folks are certainly very brand loyal so that also speaks well of the product to look at it from another angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

You do not have to buy a high dollar promo package to get a 2 year warranty with Exile, but you do have to buy an amp and speakers. For what it's worth, I bought used xm9's, one of them had a blown horn. I called the guys at Exile, they helped me trouble shoot it and and even got a new horn out to me that I installed myself. I also don't sell stereo components for a living. But seems everytime this is brought up, the Exile bashing starts, even though I've given real world advice without a bunch of technical jargon and even continually say that you can't go wrong with any of the major players in the wake boat stereo game.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold