Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

You say have owned, as in past tense...it's all good, you be you, I'll be me....

Smorris, I was about to do the same thing with the WS cabins until Brian offered me 3 sets for $345, couldn't say no...I bet your system pounds! I love getting on my friends all WS boat, it's so loud and clear, BTW, he says the same thing about mine. Keep jamming!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Smorris, I was about to do the same thing with the WS cabins until Brian offered me 3 sets for $345, couldn't say no...
    I think this is the crux of a lot of the conversation/confrontation. It is also similar to the convo Trayson and Drew were having about discount off MSRP .... and value vs perceived value ....

When shopping online, the Exile in boats and WS are very similar MSRP, likely leading you to believe they are similar speakers. Once offered a 35%+ discount, your perception is that you are 35%+ better off than had you gone with WS. At a glance, similar product, cheaper price. IMO, that perceived value creates the strong brand loyalty that seems to turn defensive on the forum. I'm not saying that is good, bad, or otherwise ....

As I mentioned earlier, they are not the same product. Premium product commands a premium price. There is certainly room for both in the market since end consumers have different wants/needs.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 09-28-2017 at 02:28 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I think this is the crux of a lot of the conversation/confrontation. It is also similar to the convo Trayson and Drew were having about discount off MSRP .... and value vs perceived value ....

When shopping online, the Exile in boats and WS are very similar MSRP, likely leading you to believe they are similar speakers. Once offered a 35%+ discount, your perception is that you are 35%+ better off than had you gone with WS. At a glance, similar product, cheaper price. IMO, that perceived value creates the strong brand loyalty that seems to turn defensive on the forum. I'm not saying that is good, bad, or otherwise ....

As I mentioned earlier, they are not the same product. Premium product commands a premium price. There is certainly room for both in the market since end consumers have different wants/needs.
    KG nailed it Supra vs Moomba Malibu Vs Axis etc....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    For those interested, I run 6 XM9's on my tower, Wetsounds interiors all powered off of Exile amps. I also use the Wetsounds eq.

Again, both companies are great! Customer service is fantastic at either.

By the way I have been running my XM9's for 4 seasons HARD! 150 to 200 hrs per season. Still running strong! And, guess what, if one goes down, I have no doubt Brian would take care of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I cant imagine 6 9's on the tower , I have 4 on mine since the beginning 2012 and they have been great . ( I think I was the first one here with the 4 pod setup with the 9s)
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I cant imagine 6 9's on the tower
    Six 8" would be very similar to four 10" or a pair of Rev-410, both of the later being very common setups. With that said, six compression drivers would have a peak volume advantage over four, but the compromise is mid-bass and balance. Cost is another consideration. Two pair of speakers can be powered by most any 2 chnl amp where as three pair require two 2 chnl or one stout six chnl. The two pair of 10" and single 2 chnl amp will come in much cheaper then 3 pair of 8" and amps.

Default Boat Speaker Advice needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Six 8" would be very similar to four 10" or a pair of Rev-410, both of the later being very common setups. With that said, six compression drivers would have a peak volume advantage over four, but the compromise is mid-bass and balance. Cost is another consideration. Two pair of speakers can be powered by most any 2 chnl amp where as three pair require two 2 chnl or one stout six chnl. The two pair of 10" and single 2 chnl amp will come in much cheaper then 3 pair of 8" and amps.
    6 10's would be even better! 6 is the new 4.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I cant imagine 6 9's on the tower , I have 4 on mine since the beginning 2012 and they have been great . ( I think I was the first one here with the 4 pod setup with the 9s)

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    6 10's would be even better! 6 is the new 4.

Nah, im waiting on the rev-418 dropping this spring.

rev_418.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Nah, im waiting on the rev-418 dropping this spring.

rev_418.jpg
    lol I wouldn't be able to walk under those!

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4