Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New tower speakers .What do you guys recommend .

Going to upgrade my tower speakers and a sub any recommendations on speakers amps and subs .Been looking at the jl tower speakers .

to make it a true upgrade, need to know what you have now, as well as the amp driving them. Next, are you looking for wake range projection, surf/party cove, or the best of both worlds with the least amount of compromise?

Does the boat currently have a woofer? If so, what model/size/coil configuration and amp? Describe the enclosure setup? What model and year boat?

Boat has a set of Roswell tower speakers now with Roswell amp .Also has amp for interior speakers and they sound pretty good .Looking for better sound off tower right now when it's up it distorts some .Does not have any sub in it at all .Guess I'm looking for a good sound to surf and party to If that makes since without dropping huge money in it .

Ok, based on past forum post, it looks like you have a 2016 mondo? Im guessing you have the 6.5" roswell pods that are loaded with Focal drivers. Distortion can be anything from a blown speaker to amp settings to your music source. In other words, swapping speakers and you might still end up with that same distortion.

So, assuming you do have the 6.5" Focal, an upgrade would be moving up to an 8" speaker pod like the JL 8.8, Wet Sounds Icon-8 or Kicker KM8. Amp wise, I dont recall Moomba moving to Roswell amps, is if by chance a Kicker? Maybe the KX200.2? Is it silver with a red light strip or black with the rectangle roswell logo? Knowing the amp plays into whether or not it would be beneficial to upgrade amp, or maybe it could be re-purposed to the woofer.

Woofer wise, id suggest a 12" and you will likely need to build a custom enclosure for it. Amp will depend on woofer choice, enclosure design and what becomes of the current tower amp.

Sent you a pm .

You can see in my signature what I am running. But how I got there is the question. For me, it was finding a brand that I had faith in, which was Wetsounds, Jl, Exile and Kicker. Then I searched for the best bang for the buck that I could afford, some pieces I bought used, other components new. All the companies offered great prices and I couldn't have gone wrong with any of them. The last and most important step was a proper install and tune. Without that last step, the rest of this adventure is pointless. No matter what you go with, dive in, by happy, turn it up and don't forget to upgrade your cabin speakers to keep up with your awesome new tower speakers and sub!!!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Last edited by lsupcar; 09-23-2017 at 11:39 PM.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Check your crossover points as a first place for tower speaker distortion. Too low of a setting will make your tower speakers flap like a sub and distort. Most amps have a built in crossover and if you add a sub you should set the towers at about 90hZ - 120hZ (depending on rolloff slope) and your sub the same. That will clean up your towers considerably. The sub will provide the low end.
    '19 Moomba Max

how would the exile tower speakersand amp be .Also doesn't the moomba come with kicker cabin speakers ?.Man I didn't know getting a good system was so hard .Thanks in advance for all the help now I just gotta figure out what way to go .

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    You can see in my signature what I am running. But how I got there is the question. For me, it was finding a brand that I had faith in, which was Wetsounds, Jl, Exile and Kicker. Then I searched for the best bang for the buck that I could afford, some pieces I bought used, other components new. All the companies offered great prices and I couldn't have gone wrong with any of them. The last and most important step was a proper install and tune. Without that last step, the rest of this adventure is pointless. No matter what you go with, dive in, by happy, turn it up and don't forget to upgrade your cabin speakers to keep up with your awesome new tower speakers and sub!!!
    Who did your local install?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400